How N.J. legend Dan Hurley went from battling alcohol, depression at Seton Hall to his ‘dream job’ at UConn | The Boneyard

How N.J. legend Dan Hurley went from battling alcohol, depression at Seton Hall to his ‘dream job’ at UConn

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
A very interesting article. I had no idea about the struggles Danny went through. I always admire people who overcome adversity to succeed in life.

Reaction Score
A very interesting article. I had no idea about the struggles Danny went through. I always admire people who overcome adversity to succeed in life.
I've also always wondered about his sort of situation. Very successful in your own right (D-1 basketball player), but having to compare yourself against a more successful family member. No doubt it impacts different people differently, but easy to see how it would have the impact it did on Dan (especially when your own fans are chastising you for it). Nice to see that he found help and got some good perspective. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that they're on very similar footing now.

Reaction Score
I don't know. His dad never left high school. Obviously money talks, but Danny seems like the type that could be a college lifer by choice.
I believe he's said publicly that his career goal is to coach in the NBA. His Dad was an educator and enjoyed the high school coach/role model role. I think Danny has bigger goals.

Reaction Score
I don't know. His dad never left high school. Obviously money talks, but Danny seems like the type that could be a college lifer by choice.
Nope. Pretty sure he had an interview that if the NBA came knocking on his door he would weight his options

Last edited:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I knew he got heckled by fans....I didn't realize it was is OWN fans! That's ruthless.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We all have a ton of things to worry about. For me, Hurley leaving UConn for another school isn't one of them.

Reaction Score
There is nobody else I would rather have at the helm than Danny. He has this program trending in the right direction and we are in amazing hands. Just sucks we have fans that give up so easily despite all the misfortune thrown our way when it comes to injuries and whatnot. In Dan I trust

Reaction Score
I believe he's said publicly that his career goal is to coach in the NBA. His Dad was an educator and enjoyed the high school coach/role model role. I think Danny has bigger goals.
Bob Hurley Sr. wasn't an educator. He certainly was an amazing teacher on and off the court but he wasn't an actual classroom educator/teacher or full-time employee at St. Anthony's, he was a probation officer.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Probation officers do a fare share of educating, I would think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom