How much of a genius will Jurich be.... | The Boneyard

How much of a genius will Jurich be....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If ACC gets raided (likely) and Ville gets invite B12 (possible) and they have to pay the $50mm for being in ACC < 90 days??

Reaction Score
If ACC gets raided (likely) and Ville gets invite B12 (possible) and they have to pay the $50mm for being in ACC < 90 days??

He did a great job implementing a reasonable strategy. You can't only judge decisions in hindsight. Their risk of being left out in the cold would have been far worse than the risk of overprotecting yourself and having an additional one time cost.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Someone mentioned it in another thread with a comparison to TCU and the BE, but do we know when the $50M exit fee applies? IIRC Louisville isn't slated to join the ACC until 2014. If they change course before then, are they still bound by the exit fee? I have no idea, but it's a good question.

Reaction Score
Disagree somewhat, decisions are about guessing right, not being desperate and taking first offer. If the ACC implodes and he didn't see that likelihood that hundreds or apparently more knowledgeable gurus on Twitter did then he f&$@ up.

Hopefully their contract has a quasi "term for convenience" provision, at least the first 24 months.

He did a great job implementing a reasonable strategy. You can't only judge decisions in hindsight. Their risk of being left out in the cold would have been far worse than the risk of overprotecting yourself and having an additional one time cost.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i have been claiming lville will pull a tcu and i hold to that. they will never play a game so it will be like 5-10 mil or something small.

all jurich did was piss of the b12 becuase if they want to add lville now they once again at that point would be raiding the acc instead of the nbe so perception will be bad. lville really might have put themselves on the bad side of the b12 and could get boinked becuase of it. i hope they do, we played this smart and ppl here are blind to it. patience wins. and we like winning, havn't u heard?

Reaction Score
i have been claiming lville will pull a tcu and i hold to that. they will never play a game so it will be like 5-10 mil or something small.

all jurich did was piss of the b12 becuase if they want to add lville now they once again at that point would be raiding the acc instead of the nbe so perception will be bad. lville really might have put themselves on the bad side of the b12 and could get boinked becuase of it. i hope they do, we played this smart and ppl here are blind to it. patience wins. and we like winning, havn't u heard?

So, he pisses them off and gets bypassed? Smart move

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So, he pisses them off and gets bypassed? Smart move

yup just watch. the b12 sat and was patient. now the acc will blow up and the b12 can pick the leftovers up which are all better schools then lville(cept wake). so he knew lville wouldn't have a slot in the b12 and the rebuilt acc would be lville home with wake, cincy and a few others. so instead of begging the next couple months and losing easch time he took the bait early and got it done. now when the acc gets torn apart he will say who knew that was coming and everyone else will say no matter who the acc added this was happening, lville was just the last bump to the blow up.

uconn saves itself a huge pr nightname, aim for b10 in all the chaos and if not then move to acc down the road.

Reaction Score
You mean Ville = Wake for sports, right?

Wake is a great school, Ville is an academic cesspool

yup just watch. the b12 sat and was patient. now the acc will blow up and the b12 can pick the leftovers up which are all better schools then lville(cept wake). so he knew lville wouldn't have a slot in the b12 and the rebuilt acc would be lville home with wake, cincy and a few others. so instead of begging the next couple months and losing easch time he took the bait early and got it done. now when the acc gets torn apart he will say who knew that was coming and everyone else will say no matter who the acc added this was happening, lville was just the last bump to the blow up.

uconn saves itself a huge pr nightname, aim for b10 in all the chaos and if not then move to acc down the road.

Reaction Score

Actually, UConn to the ACC would have been the last bump to the blowup which, is why they weren't taken.

Reaction Score
Actually, UConn to the ACC would have been the last bump to the blowup which, is why they weren't taken.
If you think the ACC picking L'ville is holding the league together you are nuts. That league is losing more schools - it's a matter of how soon and how many.

Reaction Score
Bottom line, WVU in B12, Louisville not. They are in a soon to be reconstituted version of the BE. So guy zero season to celebrate his accomplishments.

Reaction Score
If you think the ACC picking L'ville is holding the league together you are nuts. That league is losing more schools - it's a matter of how soon and how many.

No, I don't think UofL holds the ACC together but, it gives FSU and Clemson one less reason to look for the exit. If they go, they go. All I know is that Louisville's in a much better spot than they were in last week. One that UConn would give their left nut for...

Reaction Score
Bottom line, WVU in B12, Louisville not. They are in a soon to be reconstituted version of the BE. So guy zero season to celebrate his accomplishments.

Truthfully, UofL went after the Big12 spot because they never believed that the ACC would be an option for them - thanks Maryland. However, if Louisville wants to be in the Big12, they can still be, when and if an invitation is extended. Until such time, and until the current ACC changes for the worse, UofL is in a much better spot for it and again, where they want to be.

Reaction Score
Better have 50 large. Also, may break up this coming week. Good timing.

Truthfully, UofL went after the Big12 spot because they never believed that the ACC would be an option for them - thanks Maryland. However, if Louisville wants to be in the Big12, they can still be, when and if an invitation is extended. Until such time, and until the current ACC changes for the worse, UofL is in a much better spot for it and again, where they want to be.

Reaction Score
He did the best thing he could do for his university. Louisville was never going to the SEC, the Big 10, or the Pac 10: the only stable conferences. As vulnerable as the ACC is, it a step up from the BE and probably no more vulnerable as the Big 12.We would have jumped in a heartbeat.
I doubt that they would have to pay $50mm if they were only in the conference for 90 days. The lawyers on this board could probably come up a dozen arguments that would have merit in the courts.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I've ever seen an AD toot his own horn like Jurich did at that presser?

What a clown.

Reaction Score
In fairness to Jurich, given Louisville Community College's 22% four year graduation rate, he really doesn't have to do much to look like a genius compared to those around him.

Reaction Score
In fairness to Jurich, given Louisville Community College's 22% four year graduation rate, he really doesn't have to do much to look like a genius compared to those around him.

Yep, I guess Jurich's smarts combined with UofL's graduation rate were still enough to beat UConn for the spot. Oops...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom