How much $$$ does Edsall have for hires??? | The Boneyard

How much $$$ does Edsall have for hires???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has there been any word yet on how much money Coach Edsall has to use to hire his assistants?? This will be key as to who he can get.....

Reaction Score
Has there been any word yet on how much money Coach Edsall has to use to hire his assistants?? This will be key as to who he can get.....

This isn't exactly something that would be made public. You'd have no room to negotiate

Reaction Score
not looking to negotiate at all...that wasn't my point

I asked because that will strongly decide on how high you can go for OC and DC to also cover the other hires. Never meant negotiate

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
TJ Weist makes $220K/yr at USF. With the money saved on the Edsall contract, I would think we could double his pay and any other similarly paid OC/DC to come here. Might even have enough room to fit another $500K/yr guy to be our "big game recruiter" too. Having 3 $500K/yr range guys: OC, DC and AC/RC would really help us get back into the game.

Reaction Score
Assistant Coach salary costs for Diaco's staff was $1,893,802. I have not seen the published salary pool for Edsall (Some coaches contracts have a clause noting what the agreed pool is each year but didn't see it in the Benedict/Edsall offer letter making the rounds).

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Good news is that we have $1.9m plus. Bad news is the waste of that money in 2016.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the figures.....sounds like we'll have some very good options to speak with and make offers....

He is going to have to get his staff set rather quickly in order to recruit and sell the program. Looking forward to see where things end up.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Assistant Coach salary costs for Diaco's staff was $1,893,802. I have not seen the published salary pool for Edsall (Some coaches contracts have a clause noting what the agreed pool is each year but didn't see it in the Benedict/Edsall offer letter making the rounds).

Thanks Medic. So, in theory, if we cut our head coach salary by $800K, we could move it to the Assistant pool. A $2.6M assistants pool is absolutely P5 level!

Reaction Score
Thanks Medic. So, in theory, if we cut our head coach salary by $800K, we could move it to the Assistant pool. A $2.6M assistants pool is absolutely P5 level!

Well, Poindexter was making $306K +/- and there was a mainstream media story/tweet out there that his contract may have had one more year left on it so I'm not sure how that piece of the buyout (not knowing offset language if any) would impact the depth of the pool.

Reaction Score
Well, Poindexter was making $306K +/- and there was a mainstream media story/tweet out there that his contract may have had one more year left on it so I'm not sure how that piece of the buyout (not knowing offset language if any) would impact the depth of the pool.
Could have been included in buyout $$ raised.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As he (supposedly) has already landed in Purdue, prior to the end of this year's contract the possibility exists that he resigned, where we won't owe him anything. More realistically, we worked out some very small buyout to allow him to start looking early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom