How many scholarships? | The Boneyard

How many scholarships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
During the Texas game they mentioned they have 13 returning scholarship players and two AA coming in. I thought the limit was 13?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Coaches were ask to vote on reducing scholarships which Geno favors and they voted no. The limit should be 13 and spread the talent out to more schools. Would make a difference for some schools.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We never approach that number.
Almost never. 2008 team had 11 scholarship players returning and Geno signed 3 top 10 kids in EDD,Hayes,Doty + Buck. It would have brought the roster to 15 but hopefully you know how the story ends. Geno was also in hot pursuit of Neka O. Not sure what would have happened if she decided to come. We occasionaly have someone state that Geno likes the roster at x or y. I think Geno likes a roster of quality. Hard for me to believe he would sign the #1 player and not have a plan.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Almost never. 2008 team had 11 scholarship players returning and Geno signed 3 top 10 kids in EDD,Hayes,Doty + Buck. It would have brought the roster to 15 but hopefully you know how the story ends. Geno was also in hot pursuit of Neka O. Not sure what would have happened if she decided to come. We occasionaly have someone state that Geno likes the roster at x or y. I think Geno likes a roster of quality. Hard for me to believe he would sign the #1 player and not have a plan.
He has stated that 11-12 is an ideal size - larger and minutes become a problem as well as coaches having too many players to keep track of in practice, smaller and injuries can play havoc with the team. Doesn't mean he will not take more, especially when some of the players he has are 'walk-ons', but the preference has been stated.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
He has stated that 11-12 is an ideal size - larger and minutes become a problem as well as coaches having too many players to keep track of in practice, smaller and injuries can play havoc with the team. Doesn't mean he will not take more, especially when some of the players he has are 'walk-ons', but the preference has been stated.
Agree. Preference is the most important word. Too many people read that as gospel and cite that as reason why we don't go after certain players harder. For Example Durr & Nurse could not coexist on the roster and Cox & McCoy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom