How many QBs under scholly come 2015? | The Boneyard

How many QBs under scholly come 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So far, I only count Shireffs, Boyle, and Davis.. Am I missing anybody? If I'm not, and we're trying to 'get better' at every position on the football field, then we seem to be right back where we started after Dan O left.. I know we're looking to grab one more kid (i.e. Agnew), but wouldn't maybe 2 more make more sense? another QB recruit for '15 plus a transfer?

Reaction Score
what's wrong with talking about the future... we suck, we already know that... HCBD said it in a nice way... Time to move fwd and discuss some of this stuff, no? Or is this program so down trodden that it's not worth talking about any longer? Just putting out something to talk about other than the fact that we should more than likely expect to play not to lose, and more often than not this season we come up with the loss week in and week out. 2014 is a done deal...although I'm still rooting hard, bleeding blue... Gotta still look fwd to what we could potentially have...

Reaction Score
The way things have gone we could have less than 3 qb's on scholarship come spring. Any chance we pickup a juco or another recruit?

Reaction Score
I think we bring in a JUCO and an under the radar/career backup type recruit.

Reaction Score
Just burn this thread with fire before it even begins. This could get ugly.
Point one...

I think we bring in a JUCO and an under the radar/career backup type recruit.
Point two...

I wonder if Don Patterson knows what a under the radar / backup type recruit is...Sounds like a very special area of recruiting...Most want a player willing to fight for the starting position. Per Bob anyone not 100% all in is out. I do not believe you will ever see a career backup at any position under his watch.

Reaction Score
Back up the bus. Bring in a bunch of QB's until one works out. Until UConn resolves the post-Dan O quarterback void they will never have enough offensive firepower to compete successfully in today's modern college football game. UConn just hasn't gotten the concept that to be competitive they need to be putting up 30+ on offense per game.

Reaction Score
Back up the bus. Bring in a bunch of QB's until one works out. Until UConn resolves the post-Dan O quarterback void they will never have enough offensive firepower to compete successfully in today's modern college football game. UConn just hasn't gotten the concept that to be competitive they need to be putting up 30+ on offense per game.
They have brought them in and they all have transferred. If they don't see the field early, most don't seem to stick around.

Reaction Score
BNich said:
They have brought them in and they all have transferred. If they don't see the field early, most don't seem to stick around.

That happens to all teams. That's why we need to take 2 a class.

Reaction Score
Abrams hasn't seen playing time since before Tulane, which makes me happy.

Good kid from all the reads on him, but you gotta believe he's destined to be a Blue Hen in his final year of eligibility (pure speculation)... there a few RS Jr's that we won't see around come next season...

Reaction Score
Good kid from all the reads on him, but you gotta believe he's destined to be a Blue Hen in his final year of eligibility (pure speculation)... there a few RS Jr's that we won't see around come next season...
Agreed. Just hasn't really found a spot at Uconn. Battled injuries as well. Hasn't performed well when called on.

Reaction Score
Transfer speculation, TDH's incessant whining about an Air Raid offense, and the only thing missing so far is Palatine chiming in about how the backup QB in 2019 should be given a chance to produce.

Yep. Awesome thread. Haven't beaten this dead horse enough on the Boneyard.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Agreed. Just hasn't really found a spot at Uconn. Battled injuries as well. Hasn't performed well when called on.

Maybe because coaches have had him at wrong position!!

High School: Honorable mention all-state pick and first team all-conference ... Played quarterback in high school... As a junior, threw for over 1,300 yards and 13 TDs ... Also had 534 rushing yards and eight TDs ... Played in the 56th Annual DFRC Blue-Gold All-Star Football Game ... Two-time team captain.

:)

(This was all in JEST)

Reaction Score
I have to believe they will bring in another frosh recruit with this class and are also scouring the earth for a 5th year transfer or JUCO. Cannot go into next year with only 3 schollie QBs. They want mobile too....

Reaction Score
Point one...

Point two...

I wonder if Don Patterson knows what a under the radar / backup type recruit is...Sounds like a very special area of recruiting...Most want a player willing to fight for the starting position. Per Bob anyone not 100% all in is out. I do not believe you will ever see a career backup at any position under his watch.
I'm talking about a guy who isn't being talked about. He emight not end up as a backup but he isn't projected as a 3 or 4 star guy either. Examples might be Bones, who was a late signee as a backup to Orlovsky, or the kid from Georgia who left this year, who nobody ever heard of and was a surprise on signing day. I wouldn't be shocked if we had another one of those kind of signings this time around.

Reaction Score
I'm talking about a guy who isn't being talked about. He emight not end up as a backup but he isn't projected as a 3 or 4 star guy either. Examples might be Bones, who was a late signee as a backup to Orlovsky, or the kid from Georgia who left this year, who nobody ever heard of and was a surprise on signing day. I wouldn't be shocked if we had another one of those kind of signings this time around.
On a side note Free, you have been very restrained this season.

Reaction Score

Exactly. Conservative offense and okay defense gets you nowhere in today's game. But to their credit, they have been opening up the playbook more lately. They just need to get in the habit of doing it all four quarters and not just when they're behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom