• Between 93 and UCONN season scoring average

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Between UCONN season scoring average - and 70

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Less than 70

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Off the topic but just wanted to mention this on another thread. @azfan, I find it hard to believe you ONLY have 280 posted messages...it seems it should be in the thousands, you're everywhere. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, the topic...I said more than 94.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
DePaul is fun to watch, but their defensive philosophy appears to be, “Give the opposing team a layup so we can go shoot a 3.” UConn will exceed triple digits for the first time this season.

Jim

Reaction Score
DePaul is fun to watch, but their defensive philosophy appears to be, “Give the opposing team a layup so we can go shoot a 3.” UConn will exceed triple digits for the first time this season.
Ah, the St. Francis Defense. Any takers on the Over/Under?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn's scoring average is @82 points so I picked 'option 2' 82 to 93.

You have to take into account that DePaul will be facing UConn. While this isn't a great defensive team, I have to believe that Geno will apply varied pressure schemes soft 3/4 court pressure, half court traps, showing man and dropping into an aggressive zone, etc. that will take Bruno's girls out of their rhythm. That will make them take more time and that will decrease the number of total possessions. We can win in a shootout, but I doubt Geno will let them stay in their comfort zone.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UConn won last year's game vs Depaul 99-63. DePaul put up 66 shots and made only 22, shooting 12-44 on three-pointers. UConn actually played some zone last year, I suspect to throw off DePaul's rhythm as @CL82 suggests. I don't think ND played one possession in a zone last night.

The biggest reason ND lost last night was their inability to take care of the ball. ND committed 27 turnovers, 24 by the starters. That stat explains the 84 shots DePaul was able to put up. Last year UConn's starters committed 10 turnovers.

Take care of the ball, secure rebounds and don't get sucked in to DePaul's frenetic pace. These will be tougher tasks for this year's UConn team vs last year's which of course had the experienced Lou and Pheesa.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom