How long until Coach K's. . . . .. | The Boneyard

How long until Coach K's. . . . ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
. . . . . . Back starts acting up again preventing him from coaching on the sidelines and not officially taking the losses on his personal Duke coaching record?

Reaction Score
As long as coach K is Duke's head coach he gets the victories or losses on his record regardless of whether he is on the sideline. The year he took off for his hip is reflected in his record. He petitioned the NCAA to have the games removed from his record and they denied the request. That is when I personally lost respect for him.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
LOL, that's was way long ago. I remember it clearly. Coach K does not look to good. Every time they showed his face during the game it looked like he just ran a marathon or he was aging quickly. It does not look good for Duke. As much dislike in Syracuse, they did not look bad last night.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If anyone watched the game - did you see how fast the referees took off after the last whistle blew?
The only time I saw refs actually sprint off the court was at the GOOD OLD BE Tourney after a Seton Hall/St Johns OT game when Seton hall got jobbed

Reaction Score
As long as coach K is Duke's head coach he gets the victories or losses on his record regardless of whether he is on the sideline. The year he took off for his hip is reflected in his record. He petitioned the NCAA to have the games removed from his record and they denied the request. That is when I personally lost respect for him.
I never actually knew the whole story on that, what a pathetic move.

caw

Reaction Score

Old article but...it says Duke did have games he wasn't on the sideline on his replacements record as of 2011.

http://deadspin.com/5860078/wait-didnt-coach-k-break-the-all-time-wins-record-last-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom