How long did we go in the 2nd half without a basket? | The Boneyard

How long did we go in the 2nd half without a basket?

Reaction Score
It seemed like a ten minute stretch, maybe longer. Usually the announcers notice it, but the game was so out of hand, they might not have noticed. That was brutal.

Reaction Score
And you loved it.
Look at the speed with which you've posted.
Total brand management.
That's just stupid. Why am I not surprised you posted something clueless. It was killing me during the game, I wanted to know.

Reaction Score
That was a 12 minute 57 second drought. Between Carlton's layup at 17:19 and Cobb's layup at 4:22 they scored 9 points on just free throws. Oof.
UConn vs. Houston - Play-By-Play - March 15, 2019 - ESPN

Interestingly, two of our worst loses came when we were coming off a win and had to play the next day. This and Iowa. That might be something Hurley will have to look in the mirror about. When we think about improvement, we tend to think of players. But coaches have to grow as well and learn from their mistakes.

I think that Hurley did a good job this year. About a good as could be expected given the run of luck with Diarra, Yakwe, AG, and JA. A full squad would have made a difference. But Calhoun used have little blue cards for the next team up in tourney play.

Reaction Score
Attempting 26 3's & missing 23 of them will result in many empty possessions & easy baskets on the other end.

I have no idea what to make of Polley at this point...........I'm guessing he is a 7th man at best for us.

Reaction Score
Interestingly, two of our worst loses came when we were coming off a win and had to play the next day. This and Iowa. That might be something Hurley will have to look in the mirror about. When we think about improvement, we tend to think of players. But coaches have to grow as well and learn from their mistakes.

I think that Hurley did a good job this year. About a good as could be expected given the run of luck with Diarra, Yakwe, AG, and JA. A full squad would have made a difference. But Calhoun used have little blue cards for the next team up in tourney play.
Depth may be a bigger factor here.

Reaction Score
Attempting 26 3's & missing 23 of them will result in many empty possessions & easy baskets on the other end.

I have no idea what to make of Polley at this point......I'm guessing he is a 7th man at best for us.
Someone warned of this after last game being so hot.

Reaction Score
Polley was 0-6 from 3 today so that makes him worthless out there. Houston has great defense and are legit. Sampson is good so this NCAA is their big chance.

Reaction Score
Polley was 0-6 from 3 today so that makes him worthless out there. Houston has great defense and are legit. Sampson is good so this NCAA is their big chance.

Problem is we have no one else to put in for him that can score. This team had no depth and very inconsistent scorers. Guys really need to put in the effort in the off season.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You're onto nothing. Quit stalking me.
I'm only like this toward your posts with a particular negativity at the forefront. You could look it up.
Folks who communicate as you sometimes do often don't like having it pointed out, but, really, can they expect different? They like to post with harsh words, but don't like harshness coming their way. What am I supposed to say, "Sorry I hurt your feelings" ?

Reaction Score
I'm only like this toward your posts with a particular negativity at the forefront. You could look it up.
Folks who communicate as you sometimes do often don't like having it pointed out, but, really, can they expect different? They like to post with harsh words, but don't like harshness coming their way. What am I supposed to say, "Sorry I hurt your feelings" ?
Do us both a favor and put me on ignore. Thanks.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Do us both a favor and put me on ignore. Thanks.
No thanks. I'd rather Like your good posts, and be critical when you exhibit a bad attitude.
It's kind of like appreciating when players play well, and being appropriately critical as the situation warrants. Of course, the big distinction, more or less, is that I don't make broad negative comments about college kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom