OT: How long before you switch to new cell phone? And why? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: How long before you switch to new cell phone? And why?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
'Pure android' is a euphemism for 'stock android'. Most brands run a different interface with their own bells and whistles (basically bloatware) on top of stock Android.

Stock is cleaner, runs better, works as intended, etc. As android is a Google product, Google phones like Nexus and Pixel of course run stock android. And the phones are designed with that in mind--optimization.
Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Certainly understandable. Brand new Samsung products run expensive. My family also has various other Samsung products in the house and I like the connectivity. I.e. I don't need a Chromecast or Roku to stream to my main TVs and we can sync to our respective tablets.
The main advantage of the Pixels over Samsung is not the quality of the build, they are both great manufactured phones, its just that Samsung controls your updates, vs. the pure experience of Android (or "stock" android as Int mentions above). You don't need a Samsung to cast to a modern TV - you can use any modern phone. I have a Samsung TV I cast to in my office. Most of the newer TV models are coming with Android TV built in - my 2 year old Sony runs on Android.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Forgot about Adams. I remember when they were introduced. I was very young at the time but I think it was in the early 50's.

You got enough of the years before me for this to make sense. Late 50's would have been when I learned our ADams3-5800 number. I'm guessing that your number was preceded with CHapel, because I most recall 242, 247, 232, 233, and 521, that later added at least 236, because we moved over to that when we got a second phone line. The original line most likely then when to a business.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall
Top Bottom