How it Happened | The Boneyard

How it Happened

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, it was mid December - the AD and his assistant from MN go visit Diaco's office about the OC position and other things - the AD and his Assistant then leave in frustration - shutting the door and the AD commented you can't work with this guy.

That was the match that lighted the fuse to get to where we are today. Diaco basically checked out after that and Benedict looked to see how he could do the buyout and look for a new coach.

Reaction Score
He was so arrogant and there's no way he was going to let anybody have any input other than he himself. He seemed to hide it well, seeming very Charming and eccentric in press conferences and interviews, but he was a real Nut Job.

To make a move this drastic after saying otherwise publicly, AD Dave must have been absolutely Furious.

No matter how, I'm glad he's gone.

Reaction Score
The best question now is was it Kill or Lashlee that he suggested to Bob?

It seems like it had to be Kill, because all we've heard is that Lashlee wasn't first contacted until he was contacted about the head coaching spot. Which had to have been after Bob was fired.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
He probably wanted to get fired at that point. Take the money and run as they say.
I think your right. Based on his Nebraska interview (around 3:30 mark) the other day, if you read between the lines, he realized at some point this year that he wasn't cut out to be a head coach. He missed being a defensive coordinator. He said that one of the downsides to being a head coach was being pulled away from what he loved....TEACHING, ironically. I guess I get it. As a head coach, you can't focus on one specific unit. It still begs the question, what the hell were they doing during practices if they weren't teaching??? He was going to get paid. So, he could either stay and ride out the contract or do whatever he could to get fired, knowing he had value as a DC in the P5. I wouldn't be surprised if he was working looking for DC options behind the scenes.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
this sounds right just like Chief called the New Year's miracle.
kudos again, amigo

Reaction Score
I think your right. Based on his Nebraska interview (around 3:30 mark) the other day, if you read between the lines, he realized at some point this year that he wasn't cut out to be a head coach. He missed being a defensive coordinator. He said that one of the downsides to being a head coach was being pulled away from what he loved....TEACHING, ironically. I guess I get it. As a head coach, you can't focus on one specific unit. It still begs the question, what the hell were they doing during practices if they weren't teaching??? He was going to get paid. So, he could either stay and ride out the contract or do whatever he could to get fired, knowing he had value as a DC in the P5. I wouldn't be surprised if he was working looking for DC options behind the scenes.
I remember having a job where I wanted to get fired and take the buyout, and they promoted me. lol Not so with Bob.

C

Chief00

I will play arm chair therapist for a moment - I think he is rationalizing. But, agree he could be a competent coordinator but not a competent head coach.

Reaction Score
Whenever someone shares information and cannot share the source I can only conclude they are either breaking a confidence or full of . Both leave me with serious doubts concerning credibility.

C

Chief00

Clown shoes. You said you were hanging with him at a hoops game. He was in Detroit
That was the plan understood by me and others and the plans changed or there was a miscommunication? Why would I lie - Dre is 7-0 he is going to be seen or not at a game. I don't know how many NBA guys you know - this is no big deal - it happens all the time. If you are very rigid and get upset about it - I advise you not to know NBA guys cuz you need to be more flexible.

C

Chief00

Whenever someone shares information and cannot share the source I can only conclude they are either breaking a confidence or full of . Both leave me with serious doubts concerning credibility.
I almost never share a source.

Reaction Score
I happen to know exactly what happened. I heard it from an impeccable source and it differs slightly from Chief's version.

Reaction Score

Let me put it this way. I have to imagine that the folks sharing this information with you do so trusting you would not share it on a public forum.......assuming you are in fact getting such information.

Reaction Score

If the source wouldn't like you sharing on a message board, you can't identify the source. Common sense and common decency. I think it is pretty clear you have a source.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom