OT - How has Sean Miller not won a title yet? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - How has Sean Miller not won a title yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not saying he's a bad coach in the least, but if he was maxing his talent, he'd be a National Champion. They've had tons of talent and have yet to win it. Probably will at some point though.
Really tons of talent?

I guess I missed all these NBA studs he has had.

He has had 4 guys taken in the first round in the 10 years he has coached:
Jordan Crawford
Aaron Gordon (1 and done)
Solomon Hill
Derrick Williams

Williams and Hill played together for 1 years and Hill was a role player then as a sophomore.

His teams have not been loaded with talent.

Is he killing it on recruiting now? Yes the last couple years have been good and he has had really good teams. But you are wrong if you think he has played with loads of NBA talent.

Reaction Score
They essentially trotted out 5 burger boys. kaleb, rhj, nick johnson, gabe york. oh and this guy named aaron gordon. but oh lets wait till he gets the monkey off his back
This post is mind boggling stupid.

That collection of players played together 1 year (Johnson and York were not MCDAA's they were both barely top 50 recruits), but you are right, a guy cannot win a title in 1 year with a roster full of freshmen and sophomore is a bum. Not sure why they did not fire him.

Reaction Score
He is a great recruiter but I think he really benefits by being the closest premier coach to California. Don't remember him pulling these players at Xavier.
If you are a Top 100 player in California and you want to stay relatively close to home, where you gonna go? UCLA or Arizona

On the east coast we have to compete with NC, Duke, Syracuse, etc

Reaction Score
This post is mind boggling stupid.

That collection of players played together 1 year (Johnson and York were not MCDAA's they were both barely top 50 recruits), but you are right, a guy cannot win a title in 1 year with a roster full of freshmen and sophomore is a bum. Not sure why they did not fire him.
Haha. Okay. First of all nobody is calling him a bum coach . You seem
To be trying to make a huge point off nothing . Nick Johnson was a 5* , asshat. You can't say he maximizes talent , that's false.

Reaction Score
Haha. Okay. First of all nobody is calling him a bum coach . You seem
To be trying to make a huge point off nothing . Nick Johnson was a 5* , asshat. You can't say he maximizes talent , that's false.
Nick Johnson: Ranked as the No. 40 overall prospect in the country and the No. 8 shooting guard by Rivals.com.

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30700&ATCLID=207985400

Was I wrong? Was he MCDAA?

My point is your argument was embarrassingly stupid. Your follow up post does nothing to change it and provides nothing of note.

Reaction Score
Was I wrong? Was he MCDAA?

My point is your argument was embarrassingly stupid. Your follow up post does nothing to change it and provides nothing of note.
I'm not impressed with millers in game coaching , and I also don't consider him an elite talent developer . An outstanding recruiter who is young and getting better . That's embarrassingly stupid ? Ok. Also nick Johnson was higher ranked than you noted on other established sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom