OT: How hard do you Yard? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: How hard do you Yard?

Reaction Score
Deep, you need to adjust your scales a bit. How many people have been sentenced/hung, total? 10? 20?

...as opposed to how many people who have had a drink with mauconnfan - that's the population of Rhode Island, probably.

Eh, when you fill out how many states you've been to there's NY then there's Wyoming. Some are going to be more select than others.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I think.
I'm old, so my memory ain't that good, and I forget stuff. But lately, I've started remembering stuff that never actually happened, too. So I guess they cancel out. Or not.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I'm not sure if I've had a drink with mauconnfan at one of the BYCs but since I can't remember I didn't give myself a point.

I wasn't around here until right after the 2001-2002 season so I didn't get any points for things before that time.

Were you at a BYC? If yes, you had a drink with Mau.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Inspired by those Facebook posts that count how many states you’ve visited or what weird foods you’ve tried, here is a list of historical Yard items to show just how big a Yarder you really are.

Unless indicated otherwise, give yourself 1 point for every item you know or have accomplished. Maximum of 28 pts available.
  • I used to go on the Hartford Courant UConn message board “The Husky Howl”.
  • I used to go on the bball.com UConn/umass rivalry message board.
  • I have attended a BYC. Add an additional bonus point if you were on a winning team.
  • I attended the Boneyard football tailgate at Memorial Stadium.
  • I still have a 77-74 sticker.
  • I donated to Coach Calhoun’s retirement present (heart pump for UConn Med Ctr).
  • I know who Oklahoma Eric is.
  • I have read a post written by jAcKSoN.
  • I contributed to the main Senhor Testiculo thread.
  • I have met Fishy or Tom.
  • I have eaten a chicken wing or drank a Rolling Rock solely for good Mojo on a gaemday.
  • I have read (by your best estimate) at least 95% of the Pizza thread.
  • I know who Dr. Dos is. Add an additional 2 pts if you received a Bronze filigree award from him.
  • I have replied “Shut up, Dove” at least once.
  • I have received a sentence from Judge Deepster and been hung by Hangman Swami.
  • I have replied with a “Dooooooomed!” at least once.
  • I know who Leticia Basketballdridge is.
  • I have been in the chat room for an entire game.
  • I have a piece of clothing with “Boneyard” on it somewhere – Tshirt, hat, hoodie.
  • I know the real first names of 10 or more current Yarders. Tom does not count as one.
  • I read the infamous MakersMuppet post at the original time it was posted.
  • I know who RabidHusky is.
  • I have had a drink with Mauconnfan.
  • I have met up with a Yarder that I’d never met before at a NYC bar during the Big East Tournament.
  • I posted something on the Yard on 3/29/1999 (77-74).

And for the record, I did the initial Leticia Basketbaldridge post (preliminary inspiration points for that post accrue to Suzy-Q)

And, as I think on it....subtract 1 point....

My sentence that year proscribed any mention of Senhor Testiculo, by me, for the duration of the season...

But I will claim an additional point for getting Senhor on ESPN, behind the UConn bench at the USF game, the following year.

Reaction Score
Were you at a BYC? If yes, you had a drink with Mau.
Twice. Portland and I forgot where the other one was. Southington, I think. I know who Mau is (we still see each other at games once in a while) so I'd imagine I must have had a drink with him.

O.K. so put me at 15.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

And for the record, I did the initial Leticia Basketbaldridge post (preliminary inspiration points for that post accrue to Suzy-Q)

And, as I think on it....subtract 1 point....

My sentence that year proscribed any mention of Senhor Testiculo, by me, for the duration of the season...

But I will claim an additional point for getting Senhor on ESPN, behind the UConn bench at the USF game, the following year.

You were Leticia Basketbaldridge ? I never knew that.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
You were Leticia Basketbaldridge ? I never knew that.
The original Lericia post was back in the nomad era, pre Boneyard.

Fishy and a few others will recall Buff and a few other Fresno State fans. They had at least 2 specific mentions in the original post.

Some years later, someone (don't know who) condensed, modified and reposted as Leticia, on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
And I was among those in the Chat Room when "Fort the ead" made its debut.

I was working at a law firm In Hartford at the time and had tickets, But ended up having to work as it was common in those days.

It may have been the only time I spent an entire game in the chat room.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
  • I used to go on the Hartford Courant UConn message board “The Husky Howl”. YES
  • I used to go on the bball.com UConn/umass rivalry message board. NOPE
  • I have attended a BYC. Add an additional bonus point if you were on a winning team. YES
  • I attended the Boneyard football tailgate at Memorial Stadium. YES
  • I still have a 77-74 sticker. YES
  • I donated to Coach Calhoun’s retirement present (heart pump for UConn Med Ctr). YES
  • I know who Oklahoma Eric is. YES
  • I have read a post written by jAcKSoN. YES
  • I contributed to the main Senhor Testiculo thread. YES (Ride Senhor, ride!!)
  • I have met Fishy or Tom. YES
  • I have eaten a chicken wing or drank a Rolling Rock solely for good Mojo on a gaemday. YES
  • I have read (by your best estimate) at least 95% of the Pizza thread. NOPE
  • I know who Dr. Dos is. Add an additional 2 pts if you received a Bronze filigree award from him. YES
  • I have replied “Shut up, Dove” at least once. NOPE
  • I have received a sentence from Judge Deepster and been hung by Hangman Swami. YES
  • I have replied with a “Dooooooomed!” at least once. NOPE
  • I know who Leticia Basketballdridge is. YES
  • I have been in the chat room for an entire game. YES
  • I have a piece of clothing with “Boneyard” on it somewhere – Tshirt, hat, hoodie. YES
  • I know the real first names of 10 or more current Yarders. Tom does not count as one. YES
  • I read the infamous MakersMuppet post at the original time it was posted. YES
  • I know who RabidHusky is. YES
  • I have had a drink with Mauconnfan. YES
  • I have met up with a Yarder that I’d never met before at a NYC bar during the Big East Tournament. NOPE
  • I posted something on the Yard on 3/29/1999 (77-74). YES
I either have a 20 score or a 18. Wasn't sure if the poster identity questions were referencing handles, or the Yarders behind pseudonyms. So, if Dr. Dos and Leticia are pseudonyms of regular Yarders then I have no clue who the Yarders are.

Reaction Score
Twice. Portland and I forgot where the other one was. Southington, I think. I know who Mau is (we still see each other at games once in a while) so I'd imagine I must have had a drink with him.

O.K. so put me at 15.

City Steam once too Hoop! I think ;)

Reaction Score

How about GOUCONNs posts? Or who has seen a pic of the famous roll over of the CONNvict and Rip on hole 13 at the BYC..... +2 if you saw it live:eek:

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Participating in a hanging thread is point worthy. Maybe 2pts if you were actually tried?

Yeah, I was actually hung and only get 1 for it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was working at a law firm In Hartford at the time and had tickets, But ended up having to work as it was common in those days.
I know those days all too well. Not so common these days.

Reaction Score
Inspired by those Facebook posts that count how many states you’ve visited or what weird foods you’ve tried, here is a list of historical Yard items to show just how big a Yarder you really are.

Unless indicated otherwise, give yourself 1 point for every item you know or have accomplished. Maximum of 28 pts available.
  • I used to go on the Hartford Courant UConn message board “The Husky Howl”.
  • I used to go on the bball.com UConn/umass rivalry message board.
  • I have attended a BYC. Add an additional bonus point if you were on a winning team. yes +2
  • I attended the Boneyard football tailgate at Memorial Stadium. Yes +1 (sat next to you and Christie. I'm trying to remember the name of the poor kid that Dove tortured) Was it Sparrowhawk?
  • I still have a 77-74 sticker. Yes +1
  • I donated to Coach Calhoun’s retirement present (heart pump for UConn Med Ctr).
  • I know who Oklahoma Eric is. Yes +1
  • I have read a post written by jAcKSoN. Yes +1
  • I contributed to the main Senhor Testiculo thread. Yes +1
  • I have met Fishy or Tom. Yes Both +1
  • I have eaten a chicken wing or drank a Rolling Rock solely for good Mojo on a gaemday. Yes +1

• I have read (by your best estimate) at least 95% of the Pizza thread. Yes +1
  • I know who Dr. Dos is. Add an additional 2 pts if you received a Bronze filigree award from him. Yes +1
  • I have replied “Shut up, Dove” at least once.
  • I have received a sentence from Judge Deepster and been hung by Hangman Swami.
  • I have replied with a “Dooooooomed!” at least once.
  • I know who Leticia Basketballdridge is. Yes +1
  • I have been in the chat room for an entire game. Yes +1
  • I have a piece of clothing with “Boneyard” on it somewhere – Tshirt, hat, hoodie. Yes +1
  • I know the real first names of 10 or more current Yarders. Tom does not count as one. Yes +1
  • I read the infamous MakersMuppet post at the original time it was posted. Yes +1
  • I know who RabidHusky is. Yes +1
  • I have had a drink with Mauconnfan. Yes +1 (so has pretty much everyone in New England)
  • I have met up with a Yarder that I’d never met before at a NYC bar during the Big East Tournament.
  • I posted something on the Yard on 3/29/1999 (77-74). Yes +1

Total = 19

Last edited:
Reaction Score
16 or 17, majority of those points were accumulated between 1999-2004 (pre-children, San Antonio FF). My one BYC was on GOUCONN's gold bond ballbags team, tourney when legendary Bucky distributed marshmallows around greens, there were overturned bar-golf carts, explosions and ruined flower beds (2000-ish?).

True story, the honorary, gifted Gold Bond Powder with Triple Action (original strength!) was in my medicine cabinet until last year even though I suspect it lost its 'tingle' 10 years earlier.

Reaction Score

How about GOUCONNs posts? Or who has seen a pic of the famous roll over of the CONNvict and Rip on hole 13 at the BYC..... +2 if you saw it live:eek:

+2 for me there! Do I get a point for helping to tip it back upright?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
+2 for me there! Do I get a point for helping to tip it back upright?
How many points do Funster and I get for being part of that foursome.....?

We actually witnessed the capsize of the golf cart....everyone else was late to the scene.

Reaction Score
How many points do Funster and I get for being part of that foursome.....?

We actually witnessed the capsize of the golf cart....everyone else was late to the scene.

You get the gift of still being alive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom