OT: How hard do you Yard? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: How hard do you Yard?

Reaction Score

I'm not sure if I've had a drink with mauconnfan at one of the BYCs but since I can't remember I didn't give myself a point.

I wasn't around here until right after the 2001-2002 season so I didn't get any points for things before that time.

Reaction Score
My nickname is Mano, my actual name is
WoMano

Last edited by a moderator:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
What about the "Feast & Rout" when someone (Was it Nomar?) won an auction for a block of seats for a home game at the Civic Center? Game was so good I have no recollection of who we played. Or when it was. I thought it was Brown, but I don't think we ever played them in Hartford. Maybe Wagner? It was somebody inconsequential.

Reaction Score
Inspired by those Facebook posts that count how many states you’ve visited or what weird foods you’ve tried, here is a list of historical Yard items to show just how big a Yarder you really are.

Unless indicated otherwise, give yourself 1 point for every item you know or have accomplished. Maximum of 28 pts available.
  • I used to go on the Hartford Courant UConn message board “The Husky Howl”.
  • I used to go on the bball.com UConn/umass rivalry message board.
  • I have attended a BYC. Add an additional bonus point if you were on a winning team.
  • I attended the Boneyard football tailgate at Memorial Stadium.
  • I still have a 77-74 sticker.
  • I donated to Coach Calhoun’s retirement present (heart pump for UConn Med Ctr).
  • I know who Oklahoma Eric is.
  • I have read a post written by jAcKSoN.
  • I contributed to the main Senhor Testiculo thread.
  • I have met Fishy or Tom.
  • I have eaten a chicken wing or drank a Rolling Rock solely for good Mojo on a gaemday.
  • I have read (by your best estimate) at least 95% of the Pizza thread.
  • I know who Dr. Dos is. Add an additional 2 pts if you received a Bronze filigree award from him.
  • I have replied “Shut up, Dove” at least once.
  • I have received a sentence from Judge Deepster and been hung by Hangman Swami.
  • I have replied with a “Dooooooomed!” at least once.
  • I know who Leticia Basketballdridge is.
  • I have been in the chat room for an entire game.
  • I have a piece of clothing with “Boneyard” on it somewhere – Tshirt, hat, hoodie.
  • I know the real first names of 10 or more current Yarders. Tom does not count as one.
  • I read the infamous MakersMuppet post at the original time it was posted.
  • I know who RabidHusky is.
  • I have had a drink with Mauconnfan.
  • I have met up with a Yarder that I’d never met before at a NYC bar during the Big East Tournament.
  • I posted something on the Yard on 3/29/1999 (77-74).

"A drink"?? :eek:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
14 for the original list.
Addendum suggestion: You've read at least 3 Good, Bad and Ugly Fishy posts.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
9 without ever having met any of the creeps on here in real life.

Speaking of, if anyone has ever met chief in real life they get a 2x bonus.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So like 25-ish,

[
  • I used to go on the Hartford Courant UConn message board “The Husky Howl”. Yep
  • I used to go on the bball.com UConn/umass rivalry message board. Yep
  • I have attended a BYC. Add an additional bonus point if you were on a winning team. Yep - +1 for winning the fall Classic that one year.
  • I attended the Boneyard football tailgate at Memorial Stadium. Yep. Deep fell out of a tree.
  • I still have a 77-74 sticker. Nope. Not any more.
  • I donated to Coach Calhoun’s retirement present (heart pump for UConn Med Ctr). Yep.
  • I know who Oklahoma Eric is. Yep
  • I have read a post written by jAcKSoN. Yep
  • I contributed to the main Senhor Testiculo thread. Yep.
  • I have met Fishy or Tom. Yep. Met both.
  • I have eaten a chicken wing or drank a Rolling Rock solely for good Mojo on a gaemday. Yep
  • I have read (by your best estimate) at least 95% of the Pizza thread. Eh....probably
  • I know who Dr. Dos is. Add an additional 2 pts if you received a Bronze filigree award from him. Yep +2
  • I have replied “Shut up, Dove” at least once. Yep. I was the first.
  • I have received a sentence from Judge Deepster and been hung by Hangman Swami. Yep.
  • I have replied with a “Dooooooomed!” at least once. Nope.
  • I know who Leticia Basketballdridge is. Yep.
  • I have been in the chat room for an entire game.Yep.
  • I have a piece of clothing with “Boneyard” on it somewhere – Tshirt, hat, hoodie. Yep.
  • I know the real first names of 10 or more current Yarders. Tom does not count as one. Yep.
  • I read the infamous MakersMuppet post at the original time it was posted. Yep
  • I know who RabidHusky is. Yep. He was in my kitchen once.
  • I have had a drink with Mauconnfan. Jesus. Yes.
  • I have met up with a Yarder that I’d never met before at a NYC bar during the Big East Tournament. Nope.
  • I posted something on the Yard on 3/29/1999 (77-74). Yep

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So like 25-ish,

[
  • I used to go on the Hartford Courant UConn message board “The Husky Howl”. Yep
  • I used to go on the bball.com UConn/umass rivalry message board. Yep
  • I have attended a BYC. Add an additional bonus point if you were on a winning team. Yep - +1 for winning the fall Classic that one year.
  • I attended the Boneyard football tailgate at Memorial Stadium. Yep. Deep fell out of a tree.
  • I donated to Coach Calhoun’s retirement present (heart pump for UConn Med Ctr). Yep.
  • I have met Fishy or Tom. Yep. Met both.
  • I have eaten a chicken wing or drank a Rolling Rock solely for good Mojo on a gaemday. Yep
  • I have read (by your best estimate) at least 95% of the Pizza thread. Eh....probably
  • I know who Dr. Dos is. Add an additional 2 pts if you received a Bronze filigree award from him. Yep +2
  • I have replied “Shut up, Dove” at least once. Yep. I was the first.
  • I have received a sentence from Judge Deepster and been hung by Hangman Swami. Yep.
  • I have replied with a “Dooooooomed!” at least once. Nope.
  • I know who Leticia Basketballdridge is. Yep.
  • I have a piece of clothing with “Boneyard” on it somewhere – Tshirt, hat, hoodie. Yep.
  • I know the real first names of 10 or more current Yarders. Tom does not count as one. Yep.
  • I know who RabidHusky is. Yep. He was in my kitchen once.
  • I have had a drink with Mauconnfan. Jesus. Yes.
  • I have met up with a Yarder that I’d never met before at a NYC bar during the Big East Tournament. Nope.
  • I posted something on the Yard on 3/29/1999 (77-74). Yep
I guess that's why they pay you the big bucks.

Reaction Score
Shut up, Dove... makes 3. Casual as it gets, but willing to work on it.

ETA: @Dove ... I don't know the guy, but it's only right...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Score is a 4. And not supporting this Deepster-sponsored abuse of Dove when he can't even handle being abused in Hartford.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Deep, you need to adjust your scales a bit. How many people have been sentenced/hung, total? 10? 20?

...as opposed to how many people who have had a drink with mauconnfan - that's the population of Rhode Island, probably.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
  • I used to go on the Hartford Courant UConn message board “The Husky Howl”. No
  • I used to go on the bball.com UConn/umass rivalry message board. No
  • I have attended a BYC. Add an additional bonus point if you were on a winning team. Yes. More than one.
  • I attended the Boneyard football tailgate at Memorial Stadium. No.
  • I donated to Coach Calhoun’s retirement present (heart pump for UConn Med Ctr). Yes.
  • I have met Fishy or Tom. Yep.
  • I have read (by your best estimate) at least 95% of the Pizza thread. Yep
  • I know who Dr. Dos is. Add an additional 2 pts if you received a Bronze filigree award from him. Yep and Yep. +2
  • I have replied “Shut up, Dove” at least once. Yep.
  • I have received a sentence from Judge Deepster and been hung by Hangman Swami. No.
  • I have replied with a “Dooooooomed!” at least once. Yep.
  • I know who Leticia Basketballdridge is. No.
  • I know who RabidHusky is. No.
  • I have had a drink with Mauconnfan. Hahahahahahaha.
  • I have met up with a Yarder that I’d never met before at a NYC bar during the Big East Tournament. Sort of. Can i count the MSG NCAA games?
  • I posted something on the Yard on 3/29/1999 (77-74). No! Too busy flying home from Tampa :)

16. 17, if you give me the NYC one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom