How good or much of a project will Enoch be? | The Boneyard

How good or much of a project will Enoch be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everything I read about this kid seems like he's doing all the work (workouts with Drummond) - and putting on a lot of weight. I have a feeling that he relieves the burden of Brimah's foul problems to a decent degree (in a completely different way - think he can shoot and create a shot beyond dunking, and will be a better rebounder though not as good a shot blocker.

Is he really in the 240 lb range now? If so, I think that's fantastic. Plus, we've got Shonn Miller - nowhere near as concerned about never having the option to play bigger this year.

Reaction Score
When Enoch had lived 65 years, he became the father of Methuselah. After he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked faithfully with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters. Altogether, Enoch lived a total of 365 years. Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

Yeah, that's right, Enoch is the only dude in Genesis 5 that doesn't die at the end of his little spiel (not counting Noah, who dies in a different chapter). He just gets spirited away.

Reaction Score
So wait, Enoch is going to mysteriously vanish in a UFO? No! That can't happen! I want him playing three years, and leaving as lottery pick!

Reaction Score
Enoch is a fantastic prospect . Unknown as a frosh/sophomore, bursts onto the scene as a legit top 50 hs player . Put up legit numbers in nepsac and performed well given he went from Norwalk high to the best prep league in America . Not only that he apparently is quite the academic ...

Thing is this years front court is theoretically loaded , there are a lot of vets ahead of him . But his size (6'10 , reported 7'4 wingspan) indicate he will be a major factor sophomore year. This season I hope for flashes a la adrien in 06

Reaction Score
I don't think he's as much of a project as some others do. Like pretty much all young bigs obviously it's going to take some time to adjust and improve, but I do think he has a chance to contribute some right away. I think a lot will come down to footwork and the ability to play decent defense. He would have to beat out Facey or Nolan for some minutes, but I certainly think that's possible.

I also like his offensive potential in the post. I think he could develop a couple nice traditional post moves. He has a couple decent moves in the post now for the high school level (including a little hook shot with both hands), and by all accounts he's a very hard worker. I really like his potential to develop into a solid big man for us, i think within his first couple of years.

Reaction Score
I want Enoch to turn out like Sr year Gavin edwards...except I also want him to graduate and/or get drafted

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I want Enoch to turn out like Sr year Gavin edwards...except I also want him to graduate and/or get drafted

I'd like him to contribute earlier than that, but I see what you mean.

Reaction Score
I think Enoch plays more if he learns to defend & play hard in practice consistently. Facey sat a lot as a Freshman, Lubin sat a lot as a Freshman, even Nolan sat a lot as a Freshman (until Wolf was suspended & Olander got injured). Ollie seems to reward players who play hard in practice & know how to defend consistently. No big surprise there, but many Freshmen need to learn to defend at the college level, which is much more complicated than in high school. Brimah played a lot as a Freshman because he played hard every possession in practice & games (fouls, mistakes or not). He was Defensive Player of the Year in the AAC as Sophomore.

Additionally, Enoch is 18 years old and he'll be competing for playing time with a 21 y.o. Brimah (Junior), 22 y.o. Facey (Junior, if I have his age right), soon to be 22 y.o. Nolan (Senior)... Not sure of Miller's age but he's got to be around age 22, if he's a 5th year player. That's a lot of experience in front of Enoch, no fault to him.

That said, I don't think of Enoch as project. He's got nice offensive skills, I don't know a lot about his defense yet, he just needs game experience which the other frontcourt players already have. It might not happen this year, but I think he will be a very good player for us. I'd be happy with 3-5 ppg & 3-4 rpg next year. If we are very good this year, I think he gets more playing time. Hoping for some blowouts to get him in games & build confidence. Enoch, Diarra & Durham are our Future. Lots of potential there. I'm glad we have them!

Reaction Score
Geez . . . . . . . . . . . I miss @scrappy2.0 's input on these types of threads!

If he thought last year's team was filled with All Americans, I am anxiously awaiting his analysis with this promising squad.

Reaction Score
I would like to see a jake voskuhl or josh boone type. I understand this kid is not a horrible shooter. To be honest, i could do without that at this point in his career. Play good positional d. Don't get pushed around. That would be awesome.

Reaction Score
I'm not super optimistic about what i just said. We haven't had a freshman big whose ready to play more than about 7 minutes since drummond. Before that oriakhi. They just haven't been physically ready or worked hard enough as of late.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's as much of a project as some others do. Like pretty much all young bigs obviously it's going to take some time to adjust and improve, but I do think he has a chance to contribute some right away. I think a lot will come down to footwork and the ability to play decent defense. He would have to beat out Facey or Nolan for some minutes, but I certainly think that's possible.

I also like his offensive potential in the post. I think he could develop a couple nice traditional post moves. He has a couple decent moves in the post now for the high school level (including a little hook shot with both hands), and by all accounts he's a very hard worker. I really like his potential to develop into a solid big man for us, i think within his first couple of years.
He can shoot pretty well from the arc.......but he'll need this year to grow up before he's a contributor

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I expect him to do that by his freshman or sophomore year.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I think Enoch plays more if he learns to defend & play hard in practice consistently. Facey sat a lot as a Freshman, Lubin sat a lot as a Freshman, even Nolan sat a lot as a Freshman (until Wolf was suspended & Olander got injured). Ollie seems to reward players who play hard in practice & know how to defend consistently. No big surprise there, but many Freshmen need to learn to defend at the college level, which is much more complicated than in high school. Brimah played a lot as a Freshman because he played hard every possession in practice & games (fouls, mistakes or not). He was Defensive Player of the Year in the AAC as Sophomore.

Additionally, Enoch is 18 years old and he'll be competing for playing time with a 21 y.o. Brimah (Junior), 22 y.o. Facey (Junior, if I have his age right), soon to be 22 y.o. Nolan (Senior)... Not sure of Miller's age but he's got to be around age 22, if he's a 5th year player. That's a lot of experience in front of Enoch, no fault to him.

That said, I don't think of Enoch as project. He's got nice offensive skills, I don't know a lot about his defense yet, he just needs game experience which the other frontcourt players already have. It might not happen this year, but I think he will be a very good player for us. I'd be happy with 3-5 ppg & 3-4 rpg next year. If we are very good this year, I think he gets more playing time. Hoping for some blowouts to get him in games & build confidence. Enoch, Diarra & Durham are our Future. Lots of potential there. I'm glad we have them!
Very good points made here. It begins with defense. He seems to have the intangibles and some good skills along with size.
No doubt we will have to be patient; experience is a great teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom