How good is Paige Bueckers? | The Boneyard

How good is Paige Bueckers?

Reaction Score
I feel like she's carrying this team and might be having another POTY season. Right now, she is first on the team in scoring, steals and blocks (unfortunately highlighting the team's lack of a rim protector). She's also third on the team in rebounds and assists, while keeping the turnovers at a reasonable level. She's shooting 50% from 3 and 52.9% overall.

All in all, she's done everything you'd ask from her and a lot more on both ends of the floor - and all with recovering from injuries (she's looking about 90% recovered to me). What a joy to watch her this season!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There are several other players "carrying" their respective teams, Watkins of USC, Clark of Iowa, Hidalgo of ND, and Pili of Utah off the top of my head. I think her stellar play, along with the hype of being a former NPOY recipient, will get her on to a 1st team AA list, but don't see her as a NPOY.

BTW random factoid - 3 of the top 6 scoring leaders are freshmen - Watkins for USC, Hidalgo for ND, and Scott for Arkansas. Only 4 of the top 10 are seniors...

Reaction Score
I think Paige is the best since Diana Taurasi carrying and making her teammates better. I'd still give the edge to Diana because of the success of the team her Junior and Senior seasons. But the competition now is better, so Paige is very close. If we win a championship this year, it will give rise to arguments that either could be considered the best UConn player ever.

Reaction Score
There are several other players "carrying" their respective teams, Watkins of USC, Clark of Iowa, Hidalgo of ND, and Pili of Utah off the top of my head. I think her stellar play, along with the hype of being a former NPOY recipient, will get her on to a 1st team AA list, but don't see her as a NPOY.

BTW random factoid - 3 of the top 6 scoring leaders are freshmen - Watkins for USC, Hidalgo for ND, and Scott for Arkansas. Only 4 of the top 10 are seniors...
Are any of them as efficient as Paige is getting her points? Paige is leading right now and I think that is different than carrying the team. She is actually making those around her play at a higher level and quite frankly for UConn to have a successful year that will need to continue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom