How good is Bria Hartley | The Boneyard

How good is Bria Hartley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
WOW Clutch player. She is a leader on the court, she can score from a variety of ways. She defines what a point guard should be.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She is now able to drive to basket like she could in high school. That, plus her defense, are her biggest steps from her freshman year. Great conditioning too.

She needs to take better care of the ball, and she needs to get a little better hitting FTs under pressure. She missed two today and missed a huge one against Baylor. If she does that, she'll be a superstar.

And if she can get to a point that she can get her own shot, no matter the defensive focus on her, she will be transcendently great.

Reaction Score
She needs to get better with the turnovers, and clutch free throws (which is strange considering she's a clutch shooter and she's a good shooter.)

She also needs someone to step up with her. She can't win on her own. Maya couldn't even win on her own.

Reaction Score
WOW Clutch player. She is a leader on the court, she can score from a variety of ways. She defines what a point guard should be.
Clutch?! Clutch players don't get their pocket picked in crunch time. She doesn't switch in OT on defense and gives Diggins an uncontested layup. Missed free throws when they are needed is not clutch. Seven turnovers is not clutch. Otherwise she played a good game. Although she is by far the best player on the team.

Reaction Score
I don't like her release on free throws; flipping the ball around then gaining control of it, then tossing it up. Too much motion.
Otherwise she is perfect.

Reaction Score
Clutch?! Clutch players don't get their pocket picked in crunch time. She doesn't switch in OT on defense and gives Diggins an uncontested layup. Missed free throws when they are needed is not clutch. Seven turnovers is not clutch. Otherwise she played a good game. Although she is by far the best player on the team.

This is what can happen when you're trying to do everything for the team.

Reaction Score
Bria has taken her game to another level this year! She is fearless. I expect her to commit to working on the areas that
require improvement. She did have 6 assists and 7 turnovers today! I do think a few of the TOs were questionable,but
those TOs are an area that she can work on. I think she was exhausted towards the end of the game. It has been talked for sometime,that she may be more of a 2. The 6 assists and 24 pts were a combiniation.
RE KML. This was the ist game that she looked like the young FR that she is.

Reaction Score
2nd team AA this year
1st team AA next year
Do not be surprised if we are an undefeated NC team next season and we have one
1st team AA she may just be a kid playing High School right now;) She may be joined by
Bria! This year she may well be a 2nd team AA. KML may be somewhere in the mix next season.
Watchout for Elizabeth Williams!

Reaction Score
This is what can happen when you're trying to do everything for the team.
Admittedly she does need help. Hopefully she won't have to wait until next year.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I'm with Blackbird. Uconn would not have been in the game without her, no question about that. But she had turnovers, a bunch. She gave Diggins a hard time at times, and at other times Diggins took her to school. And she showed she is vulnerable to a good defender picking her clean.

Overall? More positive than negative, but she has weaknesses.

Reaction Score
She's definitely their best player right now, but isn't good enough (yet) to be the best player on a National Championship team. As has been mentioned, her turnovers, late-game free throws and defense need to get better for that to happen.

By next year (hopefully the end of this year, but that's asking a lot of a sophomore) I think she'll be that player. And what's scary is her teammate, KML, will likely emerge as one of the frontrunner for NPOY as well.

Reaction Score
To be fair to Bria, if she fixes her turnovers and late game free throws (I don't think her defense needs to improve, to be quite honest..she was guarding Diggins, and guarding her pretty well..for a lot of the game) she's going to be pretty flawless..like Sue Bird perfect.

Reaction Score
It's totally amazing to me that someone could criticize Hartley so harshly and then on the bottom of their post they could have "Tebow Time". There is no one on the planet that has played as badly at their position as has Tim Tebow this year all but for a few minutes of a couple of games and yet Hartley, a young 18 or 19 year old sophomore gets hammered by someone who exalts Tim Tebow as a top flight athlete?????? He's a good kid but then again, so isn't Hartley. I'd save my criticisms for that fellow putting on a helmet in Denver week after week. Maybe he needs another occupation. Hartley did have a couple of bumps in the road today but overall her play was what kept UConn in the game. I'm surprised that there wasn't a little more contribution from some of the other girls but this tough loss will probably toughen their resolve, at least I hope so.

Reaction Score
Buzzyboy - I am with you...Bria was great today..... wish everyone else played as well as her..... look out when she will be able next yr to play the off guard, and put MJ at PG.....

Reaction Score
It's totally amazing to me that someone could criticize Hartley so harshly and then on the bottom of their post they could have "Tebow Time". There is no one on the planet that has played as badly at their position as has Tim Tebow this year all but for a few minutes of a couple of games and yet Hartley, a young 18 or 19 year old sophomore gets hammered by someone who exalts Tim Tebow as a top flight athlete?????? He's a good kid but then again, so isn't Hartley. I'd save my criticisms for that fellow putting on a helmet in Denver week after week. Maybe he needs another occupation. Hartley did have a couple of bumps in the road today but overall her play was what kept UConn in the game. I'm surprised that there wasn't a little more contribution from some of the other girls but this tough loss will probably toughen their resolve, at least I hope so.
It is not criticism. It is simply citing facts.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
seems to me they know Bria is good but dont want to give props because they expect BStew to come in next season and be the big cheese.

its incredible how a UConn fan could rip into UConn's BEST player but...

Reaction Score
Whatever this year brings, I'll make book on her now for her junior and senior years..... it is going to be amazing

Reaction Score

Buzzyboy - I am with you...Bria was great today..... wish everyone else played as well as her..... look out when she will be able next yr to play the off guard, and put MJ at PG.....
After rewatching the game ND got several turnovers slapping at the ball that got more than ball with no fouls called. Yet Novesel would throw up a shot that had no chance to go in and got the csll every time. Bria was not at fault on a few of those turnovers, also.

Reaction Score
I like her First Team All American chances. She is already having a better season than Renee Montgomery's junior year, and has been stellar in the big games.

Reaction Score
Bria certainly kept us in the game. She reminded me a lot of Renee M. I am also impressed with her stamina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom