How dumb is Xavier? | The Boneyard

How dumb is Xavier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not the players - they're garden-variety idiots.

But how duck*ing dumb is the Xavier athletic department to put those dumb bastards front and center during the post game press conference?

It was so bad and then they managed to put a schmuck like Holloway out there to rep their university where he basically dug a huge hole and threw their basketball program into it.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It was over at "We Gangstas"

Reaction Score
Who was that Cincy guy who punched the white kid at the foul line (for no real reason) then ran around the court like he was od'ing on meth?

Reaction Score
Haha. I saw your headline and thought "not as dumb as the athletic department for putting those kids in a press conference 10 minutes later". Turns out that was exactly your point. That'll be shown as Exhibit A for what not to do in future seminars.

Reaction Score
Is "We ganstas" an actual quote from their presser? :confused:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Gangstas but not thugs, though. He clarified that. :rolleyes:

On the other hand you have Mitch Cronin's press conference - made them take off their jerseys and said he's going to decide who's still on the team.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Who was that Cincy guy who punched the white kid at the foul line (for no real reason) then ran around the court like he was od'ing on meth?
Yancy Gates.

Reaction Score
Gangstas but not thugs, though. He clarified that. :rolleyes:

On the other hand you have Mitch Cronin's press conference - made them take off their jerseys and said he's going to decide who's still on the team.
Cronin would earn lots of respect from me if he would throw his best player off for his thuggish actions. His whole spiel was so true.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati has Cronin's post-game press conference on web-site. http://www.gobearcats.com/allaccess/?media=273285

Here's the transcript:
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2011...ranscript-from-mick-cronins-press-conference/

On the other hand we have Xavier. Let's take a look at the front page of their athletics site to see their takeaway from the game:
"Musketeers Defeat Crosstown Rival Cincinnati 76-53

12/10/2011
The No. 8 Xavier Musketeers defeated the University of Cincinnati Bearcats 76-53 Sunday afternoon at Cintas Center in the Skyline Chili Crosstown Shootout. With the victory, Xavier remains spotless in the 2011-12 campaign. Mark Lyons, Tu Holloway, Dez Wells and Kenny Frease all scored in double figures"

Spotless indeed... surely no black marks.

Go to http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-baskbl/xavi-m-baskbl-body.html#
the Top Videos tab to see pressers.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Love him saying he heard on twitter that Cinci players were saying this and that. Way to let everyone know that they were in your head and even though you won you still couldn't walk away from a fight.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Cronin would earn lots of respect from me if he would throw his best player off for his thuggish actions. His whole spiel was so true.
+1 He said about all you could say in that situation. We'll see how he actually handles it. He seemed genuine enough

Reaction Score
"Come to Xavier University, a world class academic institution."
"Xavier, We Ganstas, Not Thugs."

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Love him saying he heard on twitter that Cinci players were saying this and that. Way to let everyone know that they were in your head and even though you won you still couldn't walk away from a fight.
Kind of hard to walk away from sucker shots and guys relentlessy charging and throwing punches.

90% of the actions and responsibility lies with Cincy.

Reaction Score
Kind of hard to walk away from sucker shots and guys relentlessy charging and throwing punches.

90% of the actions and responsibility lies with Cincy.

I thought it was Cincy's fault initially but on the replay a few times, Xavier was just as bad. Gates sucker-punched the guy, and he's a punk. Agreed. But the Xavier guy threw Guyn to the ground first and Xavier also had one player throwing haymakers all over the place in the corner. You don't see him do this initially near the big melee but he's in the right-upper corner of the picture throwing blows. Don't pretend Xavier is innocent here, they are not.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I thought it was Cincy's fault initially but on the replay a few times, Xavier was just as bad. Gates sucker-punched the guy, and he's a punk. Agreed. But the Xavier guy threw Guyn to the ground first and Xavier also had one player throwing haymakers all over the place in the corner. You don't see him do this initially near the big melee but he's in the right-upper corner of the picture throwing blows. Don't pretend Xavier is innocent here, they are not.

OK - I'll go down to 70-30 Cincy. We'll have to wait and see how the NCAA scores it.

Reaction Score

I don't think that that's a worry, Yates is gone. That punch costs him at least 10 games from the NCAA, not to mention what the Prez/AD/coach tacks on. What's weird is the press conference, where Xavier comes off looking really bad. All they had to do was take the high road. Have the coach and the AD come on, not some immature kids who embarrass everyone including the school, themselves and their families.

Reaction Score
you gotta have at least some respect for Cronin based on his comments... we shall see what happens with suspensions, but at least he said some good things... the only think I would have shied away from was talking about any Xavier guys in the presser... although he was guided towards some questions about them... i would have paid to watch Cronin try to take a jersey off of one of his players... I bet it was some sort of scene in the locker rooms after the game

Reaction Score
forgot to mention, one twitter earlier, a reporter at the game said Halloway got on the scorers table after the game and told the reporter to tweet "we put cinci in a body bag"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom