How does winning today help us next year? | The Boneyard

How does winning today help us next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
And palatine is still a dou7chebag

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And palatine is still a dou7chebag
I'm waiting on chap.
Explain how you can go to the Cuse forum and deal with those dudes and this guy gets on your nerves.

Reaction Score
It helps:
recruiting
fan base enthusiasm
national respect
our realignment profile
player confidence, player enthusiasm, and player trust in Diaco

In short, it helps everything.

Reaction Score
metsfan2323 said:
It helps: recruiting fan base enthusiasm national respect our realignment profile player confidence, player enthusiasm, and player trust in Diaco In short, it helps everything.
Exactly, the big help is that playing the best of the AAC tough and beating them shoots us up the CR ladder. Other than BYU, no other G5 brand is even close to us. If we appear to be returning to respectability in football it is a major help in perception. Just look at how much more gracious the announcers were this week after we played tough against ECU. We went from "reeling" to "putting it all together" and "having some real playmakers".

Reaction Score
Yep! After every game palatine criticizes BD for not starting Boyle
Not surprisingly that is completely incorrect. Also not surprisingly a number of numbskulls agree with you.

I criticize Diaco for not giving Boyle a fair chance. But I'm sure that flies over your head. Were you upset when Foxx got snaps?

Too bad you can't enjoy the win. Instead, you have to be so small minded.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not surprisingly that is completely incorrect. Also not surprisingly a number of numbskulls agree with you.

I criticize Diaco for not giving Boyle a fair chance. But I'm sure that flies over your head.

Too bad you can't enjoy the win. You have to so small minded.

What evidence do you have that Diaco hasn't given Boyle a fair chance? Do you get to see what the coaching staff has seen from 3 months practice?

Reaction Score
I think we got a peak of what our offense is going to look like next year with the read option and Foxx under center.

Reaction Score
Isn't Foxx a senior?

Yes, but Sheriffs and Davis are dual threat QB's that like to run. I have a hard time thinking this staff will box up these guys like Washington does with RGIII

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I think we got a peak of what our offense is going to look like next year with the read option and Foxx under center.

Completely agree with this. Even Whitmer ran the read option a few times and did OK on a few. It seems pretty likely to me that read option is going to be a decent portion of our offense going forward.

And Palatine, you have been such a massive tool this season to date. I think a lot of people are almost as happy to see you eating crow as they are for the win. Boyle may be good someday for us (and I hope he will be) but he has had chances and Whitmer has been consistently better. And not only that but Whitmer has actually improved (when you said he had already shown us everything he could do). Check out his completion rate and TD-INT ratios this year. Notice anything?

Reaction Score
As long as they don't lose another game this season, they still have a shot at bowl eligibility.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I couldn't care less what class Foxx is. If he can move the goddam ball, he should be our read-option QB and get a heavy workload. From what we've seen in Temple garbage time and today against UCF, he can move the goddam ball.

Love the way Ron Jon ran today too. That dude is a beast and is only going to get beastier.

Reaction Score

I criticize Diaco for not giving Boyle a fair chance. But I'm sure that flies over your head. Were you upset when Foxx got snaps?

Too bad you can't enjoy the win. Instead, you have to be so small minded.

To be fair, I think SDH is enjoying the win. He just wants to enjoy it at your expense.

Reaction Score
Yes. Foxx is a senior, and therefore be shouldn't be taking snaps from Boyle. (According to palatine's logic)

Even though most people can see:
1) Whitmer/Foxx give us the best chance to win.
2) Boyle is not going to be our QB. Wrong system.

There is a certain topic that is banned here but assuming Boyle is getting snaps next year, I think he's splitting time with Sherrifs who is more suited for the offense we will likely be running.

Reaction Score
Completely agree with this. Even Whitmer ran the read option a few times and did OK on a few. It seems pretty likely to me that read option is going to be a decent portion of our offense going forward.

And Palatine, you have been such a massive tool this season to date. I think a lot of people are almost as happy to see you eating crow as they are for the win. Boyle may be good someday for us (and I hope he will be) but he has had chances and Whitmer has been consistently better. And not only that but Whitmer has actually improved (when you said he had already shown us everything he could do). Check out his completion rate and TD-INT ratios this year. Notice anything?

To be accurate, I have never seen Palatine eat crow. Sure, it's force fed to him from time to time, but voluntarily eat it when called for? Not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom