How do you see the rest of the season going? | The Boneyard

How do you see the rest of the season going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Four games left. You don't typically see college teams completely quit on a season like you do with pro teams, because for many of the college kids, there is no next year to save themselves for. You do see confidence crater though, where teams stop believing they can win so even a small mistake early in a winnable game turns into an avalanche if the team doesn't have confidence. And UConn clearly does not have confidence.

I think the offensive line problems mean wins against Cincinnati and Louisville are more or less off the table. The talent gap with USF is huge, but their season is spiraling a little too, although I don't think that team lacks confidence as much as discipline and intelligence. It is a road game, and that will be a hard one to win.

Pitt is winnable. Pitt will be favored, but that game is winnable, and you don't often see a team go winless in conference, so statistics are in UConn's favor in that game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well any win seems unlikely.

The only interesting thing that can happen is a 11-0 Cinci team comes to the Rent and UConn just let's it hang out and at least makes for a fun day.

Reaction Score
Temple, Syracuse, and USF are the worst teams in the BE besides UConn. Being 0-2 against them certainly does not look promising. If we somehow manage to get to 4 wins I'll be surprised.

Reaction Score
Four games left. You don't typically see college teams completely quit on a season like you do with pro teams, because for many of the college kids, there is no next year to save themselves for. You do see confidence crater though, where teams stop believing they can win so even a small mistake early in a winnable game turns into an avalanche if the team doesn't have confidence. And UConn clearly does not have confidence.

I think the offensive line problems mean wins against Cincinnati and Louisville are more or less off the table. The talent gap with USF is huge, but their season is spiraling a little too, although I don't think that team lacks confidence as much as discipline and intelligence. It is a road game, and that will be a hard one to win.

Pitt is winnable. Pitt will be favored, but that game is winnable, and you don't often see a team go winless in conference, so statistics are in UConn's favor in that game.

We should win because you don't see teams go winless in conference play? Come on dude.

Reaction Score
Let's be realistic. With one of the worst offenses in America and
a defense that now seems to have finally
broken after being on the field all year, we'll finish
0-4.

Reaction Score
This team is so completely lost now, it's hard to fathom them winning any games the rest of the way. Best chance to eek out any win I think is vs. Pitt (maybe through one night of boiled-over frustration taken out on the opponent). I can't see them going on the road and beating USF, UL game will be worse than the 2010 smackdown they gave us, and Cincy's just too good.

What's worse than losing 40-10 to Syracuse? Losing 40-10 to Syracuse and not caring. And that's how it felt last night. Apathy has long settled in and this coaching staff has sucked all the life out of this program. The fans feel it, and it looks like the players do now too.

Just want the season to end soon as possible. Fire PP.

Reaction Score
Temple, Syracuse, and USF are the worst teams in the BE besides UConn. Being 0-2 against them certainly does not look promising. If we somehow manage to get to 4 wins I'll be surprised.
Let's not be pointing any fingers... Uconn is the worst team in the BE right now.
We would not be favored against anyone except maybe USF at the Rent, but even that would be a tough game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We should win because you don't see teams go winless in conference play? Come on dude.

5 teams went winless in conference last year, and there were 1, 5 and 4 in 2010, 2009 and 2008 respectively. That is 15 times out of roughly 464 attempts.

Statistically, it is unlikely for a team to go winless even if they really suck. Expecting statistical probabilities to come through for you is the downfall of many a gambler, but the odds are the odds.

Reaction Score
0-4 rest of the way

3-9 (ZERO BE Wins)

Numbers that should get this staff fired if Big Warde is paying attention

Reaction Score
This team is so completely lost now, it's hard to fathom them winning any games the rest of the way. Best chance to eek out any win I think is vs. Pitt (maybe through one night of boiled-over frustration taken out on the opponent). I can't see them going on the road and beating USF, UL game will be worse than the 2010 smackdown they gave us, and Cincy's just too good.

What's worse than losing 40-10 to Syracuse? Losing 40-10 to Syracuse and not caring. And that's how it felt last night. Apathy has long settled in and this coaching staff has sucked all the life out of this program. The fans feel it, and it looks like the players do now too.

Just want the season to end soon as possible. Fire PP.
sadly, I like your post and agree 100%...
#APATHY

Reaction Score
The defense which was pretty damn good against much better teams than Cuse, has packed it in. As long as Deleone has the OLine you will be lucky if Widmer survives the next 4..........

0-4, who would want to play for those dinosaurs!!!???

Reaction Score
I had been at 5-7 for the season, but after last night's debacle ... I'm at 4-8. Next week is bye week. Then at USF, then Pitt home. It will have to be one or the other. We haven't looked good at home. I predict a win at USF. 1-3.

Reaction Score
Like asking Mrs. Lincoln "do you think the play will end well?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member