How do you not put Clingan in on that last possession? | The Boneyard

How do you not put Clingan in on that last possession?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Why does it matter the person who go the rebound didn’t even need to jump? It’s not like it was a put back dunk rebound. Sure he should have been in but adama should be able to box out Jackson should have jumped

Reaction Score
The basketball gods rewarded Seton Hall by dropping that ball in Ndefo’s hands. They certainly deserved it

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
What a nightmare. I can't believe where this team is now compared to 3 weeks ago. Unfathomable.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
No one jumped for that rebound
Because it came off the rim at a downward angle. When it rains it pours.

Should have never been in this position. 7 baskets and 12 turnovers in the 2nd half is unreal

Reaction Score
We'd rather play perimeter guys who can't shoot and pound the ball into the floor instead two of our best players at the same time because "they play the same position". It's comical. We'd be killing it on the boards and in the paint, but whatever.... "today's" game argument...

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
You’re 100% correct. But that doesn’t excuse any of the 4 guys we had under the basket, specially Sanogo and Jackson, for making any effort whatsoever for that ball. You can’t get out rebounded 4-1. Equally inexcusable as the coaching mistake.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Same mistake with 11s to go in the 1st half of SJU game - Johnnies have the ball to inbound at their end, how do you NOT put Clingan in? Hurley pulled him instead for Sanago. I don't get it.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly. Heck, that may have been the scenario where both Clingan and Sanogo on the floor would have been appropriate. To contest and rebound.

Reaction Score
Sanogo has been really regressing lately. I'm not sure why but it needs to change stat.
If Hurley refuses to play and start Sanogo with Clingan then Sanogo should be first off the bench. He’s regressed that much. Clingan, Jax, Newton, Hawkins and Karaban, with Sanogo , Joey C, and Diara first off the bench. That being said, I don’t think Hurley would ever bench “Adama”.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Should have put Apostolos Roumoglou and Yarin Hasson in. They must have gotten the most random scholarships for a reason? Maybe they’re great at boxing out

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We threw that game away long before last possession. It was inevitable. The starters threw it away in first 5 minutes of 2nd half. Yet again.
Teams are gonna go on runs, especially at home. Seton Hall did. Teams will have lulls. UConn did that.

But, with 10+ minutes left, after Hall closed the gap to one, UConn scored eight points in 66 seconds to get the lead back to seven with nine minutes left. It was still a five point lead with five to play. For the next three minutes, neither team hit from the floor, although Hall sunk two FTs to cut it to three.

In the final two minutes UConn attempted one shot, a Karaban three. The final six attempts were all from forwards, two each from AS, DC, ang AK. Over the final seven minutes, Newton scored six points, a jumper and four FTs, Rest of team scored zilch, nada, bupkis.

The way I see it, UConn lost the game in the last five minutes, not the first five.

Reaction Score
We'd rather play perimeter guys who can't shoot and pound the ball into the floor instead two of our best players at the same time because "they play the same position". It's comical. We'd be killing it on the boards and in the paint, but whatever.... "today's" game argument...
Maybe when Johnson gets back we will see the big 2 more.

Reaction Score
Sanogo has been really regressing lately. I'm not sure why but it needs to change stat.
He needs to come off the bench.
He doesn’t play defense, doesn’t pass, intermittently rebounds.
Enough is enough.
Rewatching that last play…never MOVED, not even after shot went up….
It’s time.

Reaction Score
Two horrible coaching calls in the last minute. Not putting Clingan in for the last possession, and not going two for one up a point with 50 seconds left.

They had a solid 10 seconds to find a decent shot and go 2 for 1. Even if they missed and Seton Hall scored they would have had at least 10 seconds to take the last shot for the win. Instead they purposely pounded the ball until there were 11 seconds left on the shot clock and called a timeout. Seton Hall was only going to get one opportunity, either way. We could have had two chances. For some reason the coaches didn’t think that was a good idea. Absolutely baffling.

Reaction Score
Teams are gonna go on runs, especially at home. Seton Hall did. Teams will have lulls. UConn did that.

But, with 10+ minutes left, after Hall closed the gap to one, UConn scored eight points in 66 seconds to get the lead back to seven with nine minutes left. It was still a five point lead with five to play. For the next three minutes, neither team hit from the floor, although Hall sunk two FTs to cut it to three.

In the final two minutes UConn attempted one shot, a Karaban three. The final six attempts were all from forwards, two each from AS, DC, ang AK. Over the final seven minutes, Newton scored six points, a jumper and four FTs, Rest of team scored zilch, nada, bupkis.

The way I see it, UConn lost the game in the last five minutes, not the first five.
Adama needs a lot of work on kicking the ball back out when the 2nd defender is racing over to double team him.

Reaction Score
Did anyone watch the final play? I have a bunch.

Sanogo helped on the drive forcing the pass deep. He was now out of position. Karaban was boxing out the dude who scored and left him to jump out on the 3 point shot. Sanogo had boxed out the right side. Jackson’s man took the 3 so he ran in for the rebound but was now behind the rebounder. The shot hit the front rim and went straight down into his hands. Which is why no one jumped. Not sure how this was on Sanogo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom