Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
How many were actually on campus?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
They were not so distraught that they couldn't smile.

IMG_1844.JPG

Reaction Score
I think that's a good assessment. While the players probably liked Diaco, they had to be frustrated. The incompetence of the offense was epic, stupid in game coaching decisions ( see Navy). Hell, for three years we didn't return a punt. At some point, even if subconsciously, some of these guys had to give up.

I do think there will be some fall out. Edsall's a different breed of cat and some will not like the very direct and pointed dialogue.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
They liked playing for Diaco for two and a half years. They totally quit on him by the end of this year. It might have surprised them he was fired, but they can't have been too broken up over it or they would have been playing harder this fall.

I don't think they quit. More that they stopped believing his bs.

Maybe that's just semantics

Reaction Score

Well they were whispers that some of the stuff he was saying publicly wasn't true. Like the story about Donavan Williams going into his office and asking the red shirt be removed. At that point, the dude starts looking like a used car salesman.

Reaction Score

Please explain to me, how did we lose to Tulane of all teams? Wasn't Tulane at the very bottom of the AAC?

Reaction Score

It might have been semantics through the ECU game. When he told them Williams is now your QB, they flat out quit because they could see it wasn't that he just didn't know what he was doing -- he was content to throw the rest of the season away so he could pretend to the media he was building for next year. At that point, the players had to be saying to themselves "if he doesn't give a damn, why should I?"

Reaction Score
Well they were whispers that some of the stuff he was saying publicly wasn't true. Like the story about Donavan Williams going into his office and asking the red shirt be removed. At that point, the dude starts looking like GREG SCHIANO.

Fify

Reaction Score
One of the videos in the Rent locker room includes introductions between Edsall and some of the players. Luke Carrezola's left arm is in a sling--shoulder labrum repair. Speedy recovery for him--need him on D.

Reaction Score
One of the videos in the Rent locker room includes introductions between Edsall and some of the players. Luke Carrezola's left arm is in a sling--shoulder labrum repair. Speedy recovery for him--need him on D.

Hope Luke is o.k., but he hasn't used a redshirt yet, so if he had to sit out 17 he'd be fine to play 18. If HCBD was still here, that wouldn't even be bad as it would give us one year of Stape and then one year of Luke without them sharing time. But as said otherwise, with Randy back I expect that we're now back to a pure 4-3 and Luke and Stape are playing opposite each other and not sharing a position.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Hope Luke is o.k., but he hasn't used a redshirt yet, so if he had to sit out 17 he'd be fine to play 18. If HCBD was still here, that wouldn't even be bad as it would give us one year of Stape and then one year of Luke without them sharing time. But as said otherwise, with Randy back I expect that we're now back to a pure 4-3 and Luke and Stape are playing opposite each other and not sharing a position.

I expect Stape to have a big year. Yuge

Reaction Score
I have always been intrigued to see what LC could do playing exclusively at WDE..lining up a hair wide and pinning his ears back trying to get to the QB. He was under utilized/over matched as a 3/4 LB out in pass coverage.

Reaction Score
I have always been intrigued to see what LC could do playing exclusively at WDE..lining up a hair wide and pinning his ears back trying to get to the QB. He was under utilized/over matched as a 3/4 LB out in pass coverage.

Agree with this. Luke does not have the lateral speed to be a LB.

Who is Stape?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I heard that quite a few players were baffled by his actions during the ECU game; acting as if the defense was doing great things while ECU was moving the ball basically at will, telling the media after that game that while they may not have been able to see it, the defense actually improved from earlier performances.

I doubt there are many players on the projected spring roster who believe things would have been better if BD was still here than with RE taking over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom