Men - How CT native Korey Morton became elite player for NCAA-bound UConn baseball team: 'Coach's dream' (Borges) | The Boneyard

Men How CT native Korey Morton became elite player for NCAA-bound UConn baseball team: 'Coach's dream' (Borges)

Reaction Score

Assisted access <<

-> "He made himself into an elite hitter," the 21-year Husky head coach said. "He is always working hard. He's a model, a guy that I'll point to for a long, long time as a the type of guy we want here. He's one of those Pied Pipers, the guys follow behind him. You'll see the freshmen feed the machine, and all of a sudden they're hitting, too, getting some work in." <-

-> "A lot of people were surprised we took him," Penders recalled. "People in the FCIAC were saying, 'Oh, he doesn't really hit. Do you see him much? You think he's going to play for you?' I said, 'I think he works really hard, and I think he's going to learn how to hit.' And he certainly has. So, he's made us look really good." <-

-> Morton leads the team in hitting this season at .318, to go with 10 homers and 18 steals. He has improved his defensive play, as well. A year ago, he had major difficulty making plays at the wall. Now, Penders said, he's great at the wall.

"He's a coach's dream in so many ways," Penders added. "You can point to him, 'That's how you practice, that's how you do the extra work, that's how you do the work in the classroom, that's how you conduct yourself. Just do what Korey's doing, and you're gonna be fine.'" <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1
Top Bottom