How come so many of our recruits........ | The Boneyard

How come so many of our recruits........

Reaction Score
sound like Brazil: "They will be the next great power and always will be."

I'm tired of the "great potential....needs development."

Our most consistent big this year (Facey) was "found" after there was nobody else to play.
He was mostly getting bench splinters for 3 years instead of "development."

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Because since losing our Hall of Fame coach and dropping out of the best basketball conference in the history of the game into the cold blue hell that is the AAC, we suck at recruiting.

Hopefully it's getting better now. We'll see.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Because since losing our Hall of Fame coach and dropping out of the best basketball conference in the history of the game into the cold blue hell that is the AAC, we suck at recruiting.

Hopefully it's getting better now. We'll see.

Lol this season's class was top 10 in country

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Lol this season's class was top 10 in country
It was, and I have high hopes for the three guys that remain. But to this point it's fair to say that class didn't exactly pay off like a top 10 class, did it?

To borrow and expand upon the current favorite metaphor on this board: Recruiting isn't just getting tuna into the boat. It's about turning that tuna, eventually, into a very nice, filling meal that provides sustenance over the long haul.

In that regard, the 2016 class was underwhelming. Ollie knows it has to get better, which is why he has a new top assistant.

C

Chief00

In football there is a saying - the closer your position is to the ball - the longer you will take to develop. The same holds true for basketball - the closer your position is to the rim - the longer it will take to develop physically and as a player.

This is often difficult for the casual fan to understand - but you can't evaluate a young Big as you would a guard.

Reaction Score
It was, and I have high hopes for the three guys that remain. But to this point it's fair to say that class didn't exactly pay off like a top 10 class, did it?

To borrow and expand upon the current favorite metaphor on this board: Recruiting isn't just getting tuna into the boat. It's about turning that tuna, eventually, into a very nice, filling meal that provides sustenance over the long haul.

In that regard, the 2016 class was underwhelming. Ollie knows it has to get better, which is why he has a new top assistant.
That's what I've been saying for a while. We haven't been taking the right kids lately but now that Ollie has admitted as much and made some changes the hope is it will be fixed. The best evidence of Ollie's highly flawed strategy was wasting all that time on Zach Brown.

Reaction Score
That's what I've been saying for a while. We haven't been taking the right kids lately but now that Ollie has admitted as much and made some changes the hope is it will be fixed. The best evidence of Ollie's highly flawed strategy was wasting all that time on Zach Brown.
Jessica Turberry*

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
b7d.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Your talking to a guy who loves Arbys.

Reaction Score
sound like Brazil: "They will be the next great power and always will be."

I'm tired of the "great potential....needs development."

Our most consistent big this year (Facey) was "found" after there was nobody else to play.
He was mostly getting bench splinters for 3 years instead of "development."

In dyer need of a bigs coach, you haven't hear?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom