HOW 'BOUT OUR FRONT COURT?!!!!!! | The Boneyard

HOW 'BOUT OUR FRONT COURT?!!!!!!

Reaction Score
While our guards did well today (CW was especially great today), IMO it was all about our front court!! Oh. my do we have something special happening with our posts/forwards!! Look at this overall stat line: 36 points on 14-20 shooting (70%); 26 boards; 8 assists; 3 blocks; 4 turnovers (3 by Mir; and only 2 fouls (none by ONO again for the second straight game). ONO, AE, AG and Mir all made plays and helped greatly on defense. AG almost always impacts the game within a minute or two after entering the game as she did today with an immediate steal. ONO and AE are playing better together and are developing a nice hi/low post game. AG and Mir, while possessing similar skill sets, are the athleticism we need against quicker teams and can guard 1-4 on the court. We have not had a 1-2 punch as effective as ONO and AE since Stewie and Stef were crushing ND in the NC in '14 (sorry, Pheesa and freshman ONO were not on the court together much and Pheesa and Azura did not play well together as they both needed room in the paint). Man, oh, man, I am excited for the post season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The excitement is justified, but (not to be a spoilsport here), please, please remember who UConn played today and in the last game: two teams with less-than-tall, less-than-powerful center. ONO can have some wonderful games, but when UConn plays teams with large and/or athletic front lines, they tend to get jammed and do less spectacularly.
As you say, we'll see how it works in the postseason. I'm hoping they are improving quickly and can solve some of their previous around-the-basket problems.

Reaction Score
The excitement is justified, but (not to be a spoilsport here), please, please remember who UConn played today and in the last game: two teams with less-than-tall, less-than-powerful center. ONO can have some wonderful games, but when UConn plays teams with large and/or athletic front lines, they tend to get jammed and do less spectacularly.
As you say, we'll see how it works in the postseason. I'm hoping they are improving quickly and can solve some of their previous around-the-basket problems.
I guess I'm a half full sort of person. I have watched every game this season and, regardless of the opponent, I see significant improvement in the front court. They are more effective, fouling less, and look more confident than when they played Xavier the first time, and it's reflected in the difference in the points given up (not that the front court did all the work themselves). Anyway, everyone has an opinion and I respect yours. Go Huskies!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom