How best to obtain tix in Seattle? | The Boneyard

How best to obtain tix in Seattle?

Reaction Score
I am a retired UCONN professor. We live few hours north of Seattle and are thinking of driving down for the UCONN session. We usually watch on TV so buying tix would be new to us. What would be the best way to get seats behind our team somewhere? Hang out around the arena prior to the session and seek tix? Ticketmaster today? Ticketmaster the day of the game? Other? Thanks for any advice you might share. They are a special team this year and we want to let them know.

Cheers!

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Google: "tickets for UCONN women in Seattle"

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Probably through ticket master, scalping will likely work for the Elite 8 round where some fans of other teams that lost might have tickets.

The seats behind benches (sometimes across from the bench) in the lower bowl are team comps and the school's allotment, which they sell to their fans but generally require buyers to have a record of giving of some sort or be a season ticket holder or both. I'm sure UConn's are gone.

Still - good luck - it is great fun to attend a Regional, we followed Rutgers until we moved out of NJ after 2011 and always enjoyed the experience, even if Rutgers success was much less than UConn's, of course.

Reaction Score
Now that virtual tickets are being used, scalping is not as common, though I am sure that there are a few people out there who can be trusted to take cash and send you a ticket, there are probably also scammers. There are some unsold tickets still available, but there are already some being resold at above what they would have cost if you bought them earlier. Prices on resale will probably drop closer to gametime, but I would at least look now to see if what they have meets your price and location expectations.

YKCornelius

Yukon to my friends
Reaction Score
dr. uconn, allow me to piggy-back on the good advice of KnightBridgeAZ and awhom111.

Most, if not all of the original tickets available to the general public were only available through the NCAA via Ticketmaster. Members of the general public could either purchase "all sessions" tickets (i.e., all six games over four days) or tickets for individual sessions. As you can imagine, many people ("investors"?) bought either "all sessions" or individual session tickets well in advance with the hope that they would get lucky with their team being assigned to their regional, or with the notion that they would be able to sell them on the resale market via Ticketmaster. If you were to go to either the Seattle or Greenville Region ticket sites (located through the NCAA website) BEFORE Selection Sunday, you would have seen a lot of unsold tickets (mostly upper level) and a lot of resale tickets (especially for lower levels at exorbitant prices!). Once the selections were announced, fans of the higher seed clubs went online through Ticketmaster to purchase tickets, some purchasing the cheaper unsold upper deck tickets, and others paying top dollar for lower level and/or court side.

Well, now that Stanford, Duke and Texas (all top 4 seeded teams hosting the first two rounds) have lost, there should some of their fans who are looking to sell the tickets they previously purchased. The easiest way for them to do so is via the Ticketmaster app. A Ticketmaster account is free and easy to use on one's phone.

I would also suggest going on the fan blog sites (i.e., the Boneyard equivalent) or Facebook pages of those three teams and ask if anyone is interested in selling their tickets. Having multiple ways of identifying legitimate ticket holders reduces the likelihood of scammers.

The other suggestion I have, if you have free time and are willing to take a chance (actually, its a strong probability), is to wait until after the Sweet Sixteen games are over, and then go online (via the Ticketmaster app or NCAA ticket site) to see if fans of the two losing teams are willing to sell you the ticket they purchased for the Elite Eight game. Of course, this plan assumes UConn will be one of the winners.

In any event, the closer you get to game time, the lower the prices will drop for resale tickets. True recent story: My best friend, who lives close to North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, drove about 1.5 hours to Greensboro to see his alma mater (Iowa State) play in an early round men's game. When he and his wife arrived, there were "scalpers" in front of the building with their iphones in hand, trying to sell their tickets. My buddy actually got two tickets in the lower level eight rows up center court for the original asking price, 45 minutes before tip-off. He and his wife FaceTimed me at halftime to show me where they were seated. A shame that his Cyclones lost!

Good luck, and let us know if you end up at the game! Fortune favors the bold!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I bought my tickets yesterday on Ticketmaster (once the school confirmed I was not one of the lucky season ticket holders to get an allocation option). Given the "electronic ticket" use, I chuckle at the scalping vision with a seller wandering around outside the arena with his phone out ready to do an electronic transfer upon receiving the cash....:p

As noted, I think after the games on Sat, Vivid and Ticketmaster will have more seats for Monday. FWIW, Ticketmaster was cheaper than Vivid.

Reaction Score
Another possibility is eBay. I’ve bought tickets to the final four a couple of times thru eBay. Quite a few years ago I bought tickets from a Tennessee fan when the Vols didn’t make it. I won on 2 counts.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I am a retired UCONN professor. We live few hours north of Seattle and are thinking of driving down for the UCONN session. We usually watch on TV so buying tix would be new to us. What would be the best way to get seats behind our team somewhere? Hang out around the arena prior to the session and seek tix? Ticketmaster today? Ticketmaster the day of the game? Other? Thanks for any advice you might share. They are a special team this year and we want to let them know.

Cheers!
Some very good advice from the Boneyard to be sure. I would also try calling the UConn ticket office during business hours to see if they are selling tickets for this weekend. If they are, those seats most likely would be behind the UConn bench. When I attended the UConn/Stanford game in Palo Alto in 2014, I made the mistake of buying some grossly inflated tickets (seats that were normally $15 were being sold for $55) through the Stanford ticket office. We attended the UConn/UC Davis game in Davis 3 days earlier. They did not raise their ticket prices one cent, and our seats were a lot better too.

I told them I was a UConn fan and wanted to sit somewhere in proximity behind their bench. There was a LARGE contingent of UConn fans sitting behind the UConn bench. THAT is where we should have been sitting. :( I'm pretty sure they paid the same price for their tickets.
I would wound up on the second level in the corner surrounded by Stanford fans. :mad:

We were miserable the entire game. Not only because I got ripped off by the increased price of the tickets and the seat location, but also because UConn lost that game. If memory serves, UConn had a 10-point lead with 6 minutes to go.

Pandemonium broke out after the game. The Stanford faithful were singing and dancing in the aisles and the concourse. You would have thought they had just won the national championship. We couldn't leave the arena fast enough. That was the only game UConn lost that year. As you remember, they ran the table for the remainder of the season and won the national championship. (#10)

Good luck with obtaining your tickets. Enjoy the game. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Cheers!
Plenty of tickets are available for the UConn game in Seattle behind the benches on Stubhub.....not crazy expensive either.......just click on the arena seat chart to see what tickets are available in the section you want.....

Reaction Score
I was able to get floor seats (section 14 ) from a local seller at a very good price….
But StuHub still has seats in good locations at fair price

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom