How Azzi Fudd Nearly Joined UConn During The Season | The Boneyard

How Azzi Fudd Nearly Joined UConn During The Season

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Fudd told Hearst Connecticut Media that if she had it her way, she would’ve taken advantage of the one-time loophole from the NCAA allowing high school seniors an opportunity to compete during the 2020-21 season without burning a year of eligibility.

“I was really hopeful that I was going to get to do that, but my school said no,” she said, referring to her high school. “I was really bummed.”

“They explained the reason why they said no,” Tim said. “We kind of pushed back. Azzi wrote a letter to the board members that basically expressed she had given everything she could give to the school, and the school didn’t give everything they could give to her and she was ready to move on. At the time, we were not allowed to play basketball. There was no basketball season.”

Worried about the mental toll that the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic was having on his daughter, who had signed with UConn on her 18th birthday in November, Tim considered transferring her to another school where she could follow through with her plan of graduating early.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Probably would have won. Azzi would have been a major contributor by playoffs. A few timely KML like 3pt shots and history is back on course.
Who can say? It’s a tough jump to make. We saw how Saylor struggled with it. Still, I am inclined to agree with you.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
And SC probably would have been champs 2 seasons ago. I say we hang a banner for all the “probably” championships or not.
No mention of banners. Just thoughts.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In retrospect, Azzi’s stress fracture? may have curtailed her ability to practice and contribute at UConn this past season. Now that she’s healthy and working out every day with her BFF, I expect Azzi to hit the ground running once next season starts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom