How Azzi Fudd has answered the call for shorthanded UConn women’s basketball team | The Boneyard

How Azzi Fudd has answered the call for shorthanded UConn women’s basketball team

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The Azzi Fudd UConn Experience has been more up and down than most fans envisioned when the star recruit signed with the Huskies in November 2020. Fudd, the No. 1 prospect in the class of 2021, was sidelined just four games into her freshman season with a lingering foot issue that had been bothering her since the summer. December and most of January came and went with Fudd, and best friend/reigning national player of the year Paige Bueckers, relegated to the bench with injuries, the rest of the Huskies struggling at times without what was expected to be one of the most lethal backcourt duos in the nation.

Reaction Score
Non-paywall version via MSN:

You can post non-paywall versions of Courant articles by searching for the title of the article in the following link. The first article that pops up is the MSN version. The Courant is one of participants in MSN.

Reaction Score
Right at the end

”I’m trying to break her of everything having to be perfect and getting down on herself when it’s not,” Auriemma said. “She’s pretty special when it comes to playing basketball. So I don’t ever want her to doubt herself.”

That's why she and Bueckers are good for each other. One is creative while the other is precise. I think they both would like to be a little more like the other.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Right at the end

That's why she and Bueckers are good for each other. One is creative while the other is precise. I think they both would like to be a little more like the other.
Paige has said that many times. They are yin / yang

th

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Non-paywall version via MSN:

You can post non-paywall versions of Courant articles by searching for the title of the article in the following link. The first article that pops up is the MSN version. The Courant is one of participants in MSN.

I’m sorry. I didn‘t know this article was behind a paywall. I was able to access and read the entire article. I assumed everyone else could also. I would never knowingly post an article that was. Thanks Jackalope, I’ll remember that. For ethical and legal reasons, I won’t post articles that I know are behind a paywall. :) I’ll try and find the MSN version.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m sorry. I didn‘t know this article was behind a paywall. I was able to access and read the entire article. I assumed everyone else could also. I would never knowingly post an article that was. Thanks Jackalope, I’ll remember that. For ethical and legal reasons, I won’t post articles that I know are behind a paywall. :) I’ll try and find the MSN version.

No worries. I think The Courant gives a few clicks a month gratis and then puts up their paywall. To be clear, MSN -- the Microsoft Network and Microsoft News-- has a business relationship with the Hartford Courant and feeds their articles under the MSN banner. The only downside is they sometimes don't supply pictures. Since MSN is free of charge, normal copyright linkage rules apply. You can directly link to the MSN article, but can't copy the article verbatim. Quoting a few lines from the article is OK.

Some websites illegally copy other sites articles (particularly the New York Times). Linking to those websites is not advisable. The MSN / Courant relationship is clear and copacetic, so there shouldn't be any issues.

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
No worries. I think The Courant gives a few clicks a month gratis and then puts up their paywall. To be clear, MSN -- the Microsoft Network and Microsoft News-- has a business relationship with the Hartford Courant and feeds their articles under the MSN banner. The only downside is they sometimes don't supply pictures. Since MSN is free of charge, normal copyright linkage rules apply. You can directly link to the MSN article, but can't copy the article verbatim. Quoting a few lines from the article is OK.

Some websites illegally copy other sites articles (particularly the New York Times). Linking to those websites is not advisable. The MSN / Courant relationship is clear and copacetic, so there shouldn't be any issues.
They were offering a cheap 6 months subscription, so I picked that up for the season, and will cancel it afterwards. Worth it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom