How Andrea Hurley makes impact on UConn basketball program, local charities: ‘Loves getting involved’ | The Boneyard

How Andrea Hurley makes impact on UConn basketball program, local charities: ‘Loves getting involved’

Reaction Score
With that in mind, Andrea was looking for a similar outfit once she and her husband arrived at UConn 5 ½ years ago. She was directed to the Husky Ticket Project, which had just started when the Hurleys arrived in Connecticut. The project raises money through donors, fans and other friends of the program to send underprivileged kids to UConn sporting events.

Alternate access:

How Andrea Hurley makes impact on UConn basketball program, local charities: ‘Loves getting involved’

Reaction Score
“I get annoyed sometimes by negative fans, and I will never let that happen again,” she promised, “because when I saw how many fans we have, and a tiny percentage of fans that are so negative, as opposed to who showed up at that parade … it means nothing. The support that this team has is surreal.”

“If you look out there, that puts in perspective what it’s really about. The positive behind a sport. Because it can get ugly and vicious."

I hope she doesn't read the Boneyard. Lol

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My gut tells me that this thread could take a bad turn in a hurry

Reaction Score
With that in mind, Andrea was looking for a similar outfit once she and her husband arrived at UConn 5 ½ years ago. She was directed to the Husky Ticket Project, which had just started when the Hurleys arrived in Connecticut. The project raises money through donors, fans and other friends of the program to send underprivileged kids to UConn sporting events.

Alternate access:

Seen her in interviews and i absolutely adore her.

Reaction Score
Met her in an elevator at the team hotel this year. She was a hoot, full of smiles and positivity.

I was telling her how she was a legend on the Boneyard after blasting PC fans in that bar interview. She's like "Really? (laughs) I don't think I've been on a message board since college". Also told her how gracious her husband was when I bumped into him after beating Miami. Priceless memories.

So --- she doesn't read the Boneyard from my quick interview.

Reaction Score
Met her in an elevator at the team hotel this year. She was a hoot, full of smiles and positivity.

I was telling her how she was a legend on the Boneyard after blasting PC fans in that bar interview. She's like "Really? (laughs) I don't think I've been on a message board since college". Also told her how gracious her husband was when I bumped into him after beating Miami. Priceless memories.

So --- she doesn't read the Boneyard from my quick interview.
I hope she never does

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
The interview she did with Dauster I think during the final four was pure gold. She absolutely rocks. We are blessed to have her and Danny. Both bleed national flag blue.

Someone better than me should put up a link for it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I think it's kind of cool that the parade made a big impression on her. I'm sure it did on the staff and players as well. University of Connecticut basketball is the states team. People say college sports don't matter in the Northeast, well clearly UConn basketball matters in the state of Connecticut. When things aren't going well, that means a lot of pressure on the staff to get it right. But when everything comes together, it's pretty special to be at the center of that love and attention.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom