How about that bench of ours!! | The Boneyard

How about that bench of ours!!

Reaction Score
37 points
11 Boards
6 assists

I may be in the minority but keeping Bouk on the bench to start the game, is our massive advantage. He demoralizes opponents and gives us an ace in the hole. Brandon Adams is growing up before our eyes, and Whaley and Sid making hustle plays is a wonderful sight. Oh and did anyone notice Gaffney flexing with his shot today and has good handles for a frosh.

We got something going folks!

Reaction Score
37 points
11 Boards
6 assists

I may be in the minority but keeping Bouk on the bench to start the game, is our massive advantage. He demoralizes opponents and gives us an ace in the hole. Brandon Adams is growing up before our eyes, and Whaley and Sid making hustle plays is a wonderful sight. Oh and did anyone notice Gaffney flexing with his shot today and has good handles for a frosh.

I think this is our best 2nd unit potentially of all time, or at least the most likable.

Reaction Score
i like bouk on the bench, too -- hurley can afford to have a quick hook for the older guys, and gets instant scoring. you can also basically sub him in 1-5 and go big or small as needed.

Reaction Score
No one will like the comparison, but it’s sorta like when Dion would come off the bench at Cuse. He was arguably their best player and a lotto pick.

Reaction Score
37 points
11 Boards
6 assists

Adams is a guy that defends well. Need that always. The best UConn teams were TOUGH, defensive minded in your shorts kind of defenders. This program has been lacking that as a collective group (outside of I would say Vital) for a while.

Reaction Score
No one will like the comparison, but it’s sorta like when Dion would come off the bench at Cuse. He was arguably their best player and a lotto pick.
I think Akok just blocked that nonsense out of here. Let's stick to UConn comparisons. I dislike all other programs.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we're deep, I like watching these guys

Reaction Score
BA and Bouk had similar lines tonight. We already know Bouk’s talent but what if this is the new BA? You can wear teams down like we did today.

Reaction Score
Brendan Adams sure seems to have taken a major leap in his development and understanding. To me, he obviously put on some muscle in the off season, but he also appears to have some quickness. His feet seem to move a lot faster. It means he's doing a pretty good job of guarding other guards and using that quickness to find openings on offense. He also appears to be making (good) decisions faster.

If we count Carlton last year, that's two guys that this staff has been able to get significant improvement from between Fr and So seasons. And maybe add Polley and Whaley this year too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom