How about free tix for all kids this week? | The Boneyard

How about free tix for all kids this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see Rutgers is giving kids 12 and under free tix for the game vs. Howard. This is a great way to boost attendance for what should be the lowest attended game of the year. I would like to take 1 or 2 of mine to Stony Brook but not for $40 a head.

Reaction Score
Well...if you have kids in the Junior Husky club they each get 2 free tickets this week. Not the huge statewide push you are looking at, but there will be plenty of kids there on Saturday that got in free ( mine included)

Reaction Score
I see Rutgers is giving kids 12 and under free tix for the game vs. Howard. This is a great way to boost attendance for what should be the lowest attended game of the year. I would like to take 1 or 2 of mine to Stony Brook but not for $40 a head.
How about you shut it and stop whining you whiner

Reaction Score
I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

no problem....as a heads up, you needed to sign up before July 1 to get the ticket deal.....its well worth it, for like $15, they get a bag full of Uconn stuff and free tix for 1 football, 1 M hoops, 1 W hoops, and i think things like soccer are always free for them...maybe

Reaction Score
It's something....

FB14%20-%20September%20Special.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I like how BYU was $20 and Stony Brook is $22.50.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Gotta make the season ticket holders thrilled.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I guess marketing hasn't bought into the concept of a 'process'. They look at the inventory left every week and then panic.

Next summer they will spend hundreds of thousands trying to sell season tickets and will scratch their heads when they sell 15k to non-students.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I guess marketing hasn't bought into the concept of a 'process'. They look at the inventory left every week and then panic.

Y'know, it doesn't bother me. We have lost momentum. I'm buying season tickets no matter what, whatever it takes to get more folks to join me is OK.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Y'know, it doesn't bother me. We have lost momentum. I'm buying season tickets no matter what, whatever it takes to get more folks to join me is OK.

Yeah I will too. I don't care for myself. I've already got extra tickets I can't give away for Saturday.

It's just humorous to contrast the ticket selling strategy with what Diaco is preaching.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's just humorous to contrast the ticket selling strategy with what Diaco is preaching.

Ahh, BD's doing the best he can with the cards he's dealt. He's all-in for UConn.

Not funny ha-ha, just funny. The ticket pricing was hosed up from Day 1, literally. Now we're just trying to see what works.

Reaction Score
I am going to be honest. UConn football tickets are over priced at $40 for single game tickets. Those prices are too much to attract casual fans to the rent. I also believe that season tickets are over priced as well. They charge seat rights for a team that is probably going to finish in the bottom half of the AAC. They need to bring down prices and when they become a powerhouse then they can start charging what ever they want to. Ether way still going to get season tickets because I love UConn football but they need to lower prices to get new fans into the rent.

Reaction Score
The tiered pricing was a good idea. The execution was terrible. They completely misjudged the market and went the wrong way. Instead of raising the ceiling on the big games, they should have dropped the price on the other games. They need to lower the seat donations, and lower the ticket prices to sell more season tickets.

On the other hand, we also need to show the B1G we produce revenue, and higher prices/donations helps there.

Reaction Score
I am going to be honest. UConn football tickets are over priced at $40 for single game tickets. Those prices are too much to attract casual fans to the rent. I also believe that season tickets are over priced as well. They charge seat rights for a team that is probably going to finish in the bottom half of the AAC. They need to bring down prices and when they become a powerhouse then they can start charging what ever they want to. Ether way still going to get season tickets because I love UConn football but they need to lower prices to get new fans into the rent.

I agree with you. But they don't charge donations for all season tickets, only certain ones. You can get tickets in certain sections without a donation.

Reaction Score
I agree with you. But they don't charge donations for all season tickets, only certain ones. You can get tickets in certain sections without a donation.
I know but the chairback seat rights are kinda steep. The only seats that I don't overpriced are the preferred tickets which I believe is only $100 per seat.

Reaction Score
I know but the chairback seat rights are kinda steep. The only seats that I don't overpriced are the preferred tickets which I believe is only $100 per seat.

It's about $165-175 with fees etc for preferred. That's where my seats are. $25/game face value plus service fees.

If you need to unload them, you're lucky to get $15 each.

Reaction Score

it's a little annoying (ok, a lot annoying), but they gotta do what they gotta do.

Reaction Score
I don't really care what other people pay for their tickets. I look at my season tickets as a guarantee that I have the same seats every year.

Reaction Score
Looking for extras for Boise. Son's game moved to Sunday. They have practice that ends at 10. Gonna be coming in hot and hoping to entice some of his teammates and their parents to come. Any extras would help to entice them. I don't have the stomach to buy people tickets anymore after I took a bath on the BYU game.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Ping me
Looking for extras for Boise. Son's game moved to Sunday. They have practice that ends at 10. Gonna be coming in hot and hoping to entice some of his teammates and their parents to come. Any extras would help to entice them. I don't have the stomach to buy people tickets anymore after I took a bath on the BYU game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I probably will have one check in next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom