How a College Football Program Conducts a Coaching Search | The Boneyard

How a College Football Program Conducts a Coaching Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope Warde follows the example of Oregon. When its possible your coach may leave, or be fired, don't wait for the last minute to start a search. It sounds like Oregon was developing a short list well before their coach left.

Bob D. is a hot name coming from Notre Dame. His name will sizzle if he puts UConn on the map, which is much tougher than maintaining the hype at a large program.

Let's not kid ourselves. If he sizzles, Bob D isn't staying in the AAC or at UConn. Would Notre Dame be in his future as a HC? By reading through the lines at his press conference, if they come knocking, Bob D's admiration for ND will propell to South Bend.

Ans heaven's forbit, if Rutgers catches fire in the BiG, you think coaching his home state school in a major conference won't leave burn marks on I-95 as he heads for Piscataway.?

Warde seems like he's on top of the college athletic coaches score and prospects. I hope he is keeping track of who is who today, tomorrow, and next year to keep whatever Bob D builds.........moving forward if it becomes necessary. Nothing wrong with duplicating Oregon's strategy.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I hope Warde follows the example of Oregon. When its possible your coach may leave, or be fired, don't wait for the last minute to start a search. It sounds like Oregon was developing a short list well before their coach left.

Bob D. is a hot name coming from Notre Dame. His name will sizzle if he puts UConn on the map, which is much tougher than maintaining the hype at a large program.

Let's not kid ourselves. If he sizzles, Bob D isn't staying in the AAC or at UConn. Would Notre Dame be in his future as a HC? By reading through the lines at his press conference, if they come knocking, Bob D's admiration for ND will propell to South Bend.

Ans heaven's forbit, if Rutgers catches fire in the BiG, you think coaching his home state school in a major conference won't leave burn marks on I-95 as he heads for Piscataway.?

Warde seems like he's on top of the college athletic coaches score and prospects. I hope he is keeping track of who is who today, tomorrow, and next year to keep whatever Bob D builds.........moving forward if it becomes necessary. Nothing wrong with duplicating Oregon's strategy.

So....let me get this straight.....you have feedback for the AD on how to run his search process (even though we all agree that WM did a good job with the Diaco process)....and you are already planning for Diaco's exit (even though we all know that if he is leaving that means he has had success at UConn...which is a good thing).

Not really in the holiday spirit are you?

Reaction Score
I know I've said this before - but I have an acquaintance that loves the hoops recruiting process. Every time I see him he is spouting off names of some 16 year old kid that UCONN might or might not get. Then I start talking to him about the ACTUAL UCONN games - and even though the guy is loaded, he never goes, and hardly even watches them on TV. Some people are enamored with the process than they are the actual events...

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

I am sure WM is a "knee-jerk" kind op planner. Not to worry.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

As to Rutgers, and I'm not saying this out of envy (which, believe me, I have): Their ceiling is Northwestern (and their floor is Indiana). Bear Bryant couldn't turn Rutgers into a championship contender.

If I'm Diaco and I'm having success at UConn, I'm holding out for a much better job than the Rutgers one.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
How about letting Coach Diaco's team play a game or two before we predict his jettison day. No one really knows for sure what the college landscape will look like in 18 months.

Where exactly is Brian Kelly going that Bob Diaco is going back to ND as their head Coach? Kelly is 52 and 2 years removed from the National Championship game. There are probably only three at risk games on next years schedule (Michigan, Stanford, and FSU) and Notre Dame probably go 2-1 in those games, so unless he completely Chiziks 2014, Kelly isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Rutgers' fire starting ways certainly won't happen in 2014 (and may not ever). They have in-division games vs. Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Mich St. and Nebraska every year. Next year they play 4 of those teams in a 6 game span with Wisconsin as one of the other teams during that stretch. The way Tulane has improved, and considering Flood's Rutgers trajectory, they may not be bowl eligible next year. Have fun with that.

I know that Rutgers has a better conference position than UConn. I also don't care. I choose not to wate time on things I can't control. In terms of being a UConn fan: In Herbst, Manuel, Diaco, and Ollie I trust. I have no choice. The underlying point is that I watch college football to be entertained. I don't think any of the games above will be even remotely entertaining as UConn will be next year (vested interest notwithstanding)...though I will probably watch the game vs. UM if it is on ABC and UConn does not conflict.

Last edited:

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Can't think of the what if's. we all wanted the BIG catch well we got him,enjoy the time he's here and takes us back up as a program were we should be. We can drive ourselves crazy over what might happen.Im just excited to see the pull he has recruiting and such or what other position coaches might come here.

Reaction Score
Can't think of the what if's. we all wanted the BIG catch well we got him,enjoy the time he's here and takes us back up as a program were we should be. We can drive ourselves crazy over what might happen.Im just excited to see the pull he has recruiting and such or what other position coaches might come here.

We have been kicked in the gonads so often, and so unexpectedly, that our view of the future now involves flinching before we get kicked. Obviously, the new Head Coach's brilliance will only serve as a way to have us kicked again.:rolleyes:

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
We have been kicked in the gonads so often, and so unexpectedly, that our view of the future now involves flinching before we get kicked. Obviously, the new Head Coach's brilliance will only serve as a way to have us kicked again.:rolleyes:
"it takes more energy to be negative then it does to be positive" were Uconn we will always rise from the ashes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom