Houston | The Boneyard

Houston

Reaction Score
I watched the last Houston home game during the week. Not many fans there. Trying to be optimistic maybe that will help. Lol

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Another in a happy line of arenas they'll never have to visit again.

Ferrtita threw money at it and it’s at least a nice place now. When it had that 1970s auditorium vibe it was real spooky. They still draw flies though. Hilarious because they love to brag about how they own “the city.” A bit of a glass house obviously but they have UHart level crowds.

Reaction Score
Some of you guys are unbelievable. I'm always confused how we dog teams that have been beating us and performing better with "less" talent based on player rankings. It's called denial. Even S. Florida has come out above us recently. Sheeeees

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Houston just may be the best team UConn will face this season
They are again loaded with players that are big, strong, athletic and talented
Sampson finds them and makes them better
Wait til you see Caleb Mills never mind Grimes

Reaction Score
So empty but I still can not find any cheap seats. Hopefully prices will come down by game time.

Reaction Score
So empty but I still can not find any cheap seats. Hopefully prices will come down by game time.
When a team is winning they sell tickets. No big surprise.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
EVERY game is winnable. Wins against Xavier, Indiana, Wichita State, and Villanova were all within reach, and so it is with Houston on Thursday. In addition to getting the victory, we're also looking to earn respect. Lest we forget, here are the highlights of the final (and ugliest) game last season. Note the the Huskies were competitive in the first half but things took a sharp turn in the wrong direction when it appeared their spirit was broken. After that it was over. That was last season. THIS UConn team needs to show up with tenacity, resilience, and intelligence for 40 minutes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Houston just may be the best team UConn will face this season
They are again loaded with players that are big, strong, athletic and talented
Sampson finds them and makes them better
Wait til you see Caleb Mills never mind Grimes
And we try to "rebuild" with the same players. Time to make the tough calls DH and turn the roster over...those who can help and those who cannot. That is what leaders do, make the tough decisions.

Reaction Score
Houston is coming off an away win over WSU. They haven’t truly been tested until conference play and are favored to win. I don’t think we’ll steal one here but I also don’t get the feeling it will be a blowout either.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Houston lost to BYU without Yoeli Childs by 1 point.
Lost to then 11 ranked Oregon by 12.
Lost to Oklahoma State by 6 who are struggling in conference play.
And lost @Tulsa by 2 which I saw the game myself.

But this Cougar team also went to Wichita and grabbed W, beat 21 ranked Washington, and have a very balanced offense. Arguably two slightly overrated teams at this point, but still two ranked W's.

Nate Hinton is 6'5 and grabs nearly 10 boards a game. They're an interesting team. Grimes transferred from Kansas I believe and has been their leader. Do I think we will win? No. But I think we will keep it rather close. The empty Hofheinz Pavilion will make this game feel like a very intense practice session.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
They started off inconsistent but have really put it together the last few weeks (the Tulsa game was an aberration). They’re playing like the best team in the league right now and I think their last game @ Wichita shows that.

BUT. This is a letdown spot for them coming off a big win. IF UConn comes out and plays with hunger and desperation, like we saw for most of Saturday, there’s no reason we can’t win this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom