Houston Stadium Security | The Boneyard

Houston Stadium Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
This happens way too often. There was a video from Dallas on Thanksgiving where security had a Panthers fan in an all out choke hold and another fan had to remove the security guard from choking.

Thankfully they aren't armed....
:eek:

Reaction Score
Those CSC Yellow Jackets and acting like a bunch of balloon knots seems vaguely familiar.....

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Quick epilogue and resolution to the situation.

Security company has been fired.

Reaction Score
Why let some fans run past but tackled and assault others? Just seems bizarre. No formation just wandering around seeming to target random fans.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why let some fans run past but tackled and assault others? Just seems bizarre. No formation just wandering around seeming to target random fans.

Because that's what rent-a-cops with little training and less oversight do?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah, just a bit over-the-top. Jayzus!

Reaction Score
The folks in charge at U of Houston should have anticipated a rush of the field with a win. The admin should have made the security folks fully aware of that. Lots of blame to go around.

Reaction Score
Sort of reminds me of the old days in the Orange Bowl down in Miami. You would go to games, see fans getting into it (Dolphins and Jets being a good example) and then the cops would sweep in. These guys were 1980's/early 90's steroid monsters. You did not want to get into it with them for any reason and there wasn't a lot of accountability back then, so you were screwed if something did happen.

Reaction Score
UConn had its fans pepper sprayed after the final home game at Memorial Stadium when the students tried to take the field.

462x260-1.jpg

Good times in Storrs. No one was fired. Much worse than Houston.

Reaction Score
UConn had its fans pepper sprayed after the final home game at Memorial Stadium when the students tried to take the field.

View attachment 11357

Ha, I was not far away from where that picture was taken (actually, from the view I may have been near the photographer). Could not believe it when the pepper spray came out.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Crazy that a stadium and program that hasn't ever expirenced that would react that way? We've won big games here at The Rent, and when its appropriate storming the field to celebrate is expected and allowed. Why wouldn't UofH known this might happen, and prepare for that?

Reaction Score
This happens way too often. There was a video from Dallas on Thanksgiving where security had a Panthers fan in an all out choke hold and another fan had to remove the security guard from choking.

Thankfully they aren't armed....
:eek:
You got to watch out in Dallas. As a cowboys fan who's goes to one game a year, the opposing fans act horrible. Went to the eagles game a couple of weeks ago and there fans were getting in my face. Same happened when I saw them play the Chargers. I could understand if I was in Philly cheering for the Cowboys but if I'm in Cowboys Stadium I want to cheer for my team.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

View attachment 11357

Weren't the goalposts ripped down? Not that I'm condoning pepper spray.........

Reaction Score
Weren't the goalposts ripped down? Not that I'm condoning pepper spray....
No. The combo of pepper spray and attack dogs kept the peace and those crazy hooligans were sent on their way. I thought that day was my low point as a UConn football fan, never anticipating the abyss of the Pepperoni Deleone years

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Weren't the goalposts ripped down? Not that I'm condoning pepper spray....
They were down later that evening. I remember walking by the field that night and seeing the goalposts gone. Not sure who ended up taking them (students or taken down by staff) but they weren't there by that evening.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No. The combo of pepper spray and attack dogs kept the peace and those crazy hooligans were sent on their way. I thought that day was my low point as a UConn football fan, never anticipating the abyss of the Pepperoni Deleone years

Is that autocorrect or intentional? Either way, that's fantastic!!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Because that's what rent-a-cops with little training and less oversight do?

Not just rent a cops, and I wouldn't be surprised if many are off duty and retired cops.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

View attachment 11357

Is the kid in the maroon jacket freakishly tall, or being carried?

Reaction Score
You got to watch out in Dallas. As a cowboys fan who's goes to one game a year, the opposing fans act horrible. Went to the eagles game a couple of weeks ago and there fans were getting in my face. Same happened when I saw them play the Chargers. I could understand if I was in Philly cheering for the Cowboys but if I'm in Cowboys Stadium I want to cheer for my team.

Not a Cowboys fan; but, if I rushed the field, I would try to make at least one pass at one of the cheerleaders ;) Now that's worth getting put into a choke-hold by security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom