Houston pulls a Blumenthal | The Boneyard

Houston pulls a Blumenthal

Reaction Score
Interesting quote, and in retrospect not surprising if true.

When discussing the interview process that potential expansion candidates engaged in with the Big 12, Fertitta was critical.

"You know when I knew we were in trouble?" Fertitta said. "There were three [university] presidents who were on the [Big 12 expansion] committee and when we went to the interview, they weren't even part of the interview process. I walked out of that meeting and said 'Wow, this is a sham. There's no intention of doing anything.'

"It was one of the great shams in college football, and college athletics, and just college period. ... It was a total sham and I sit here today and I laugh at the Big 12 and their leadership."

Reaction Score
Interesting quote, and in retrospect not surprising if true.

When discussing the interview process that potential expansion candidates engaged in with the Big 12, Fertitta was critical.

"You know when I knew we were in trouble?" Fertitta said. "There were three [university] presidents who were on the [Big 12 expansion] committee and when we went to the interview, they weren't even part of the interview process. I walked out of that meeting and said 'Wow, this is a sham. There's no intention of doing anything.'

"It was one of the great shams in college football, and college athletics, and just college period. ... It was a total sham and I sit here today and I laugh at the Big 12 and their leadership."
Yes I agree. We actually handled this right. We had to put our Sunday best on, but we kept our mouth shut.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more with that guy. When the B team shows up for the interviews, it's a total slap in the face.
I thought he was going to say UH wasn't invited so Herman would be more likely to take the Texas job. A little conspiracy theory.

Reaction Score
Herman was already beating Texas in recruiting. Adding a Big 12 patch to Herman's Houston shirt when he went to see a 5 star recruit was never going to be allowed.

Reaction Score
He's not wrong, but I'm pretty tired of hearing from these entitled losers.

Houston is a nothing school with a nothing athletic department outside of a single head coach. They had no business getting an invite to a conference that already has 5 Texas teams.

Just zip it already.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
He's not wrong, but I'm pretty tired of hearing from these entitled losers.

Houston is a nothing school with a nothing athletic department outside of a single head coach. They had no business getting an invite to a conference that already has 5 Texas teams.

Just zip it already.
Houston used to be a basketball powerhouse. A scary premonition, let's not throw stones I say, especially a school that was an athletic powerhouse that faded away following a conference shuffle and getting relegated in a basement conference for years ...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Houston used to be a basketball powerhouse. A scary premonition, let's not throw stones I say, especially a school that was an athletic powerhouse that faded away following a conference shuffle and getting relegated in a basement conference for years ...
Let's not throw stones? They would have walked over their dead grandmother for a place in the P5 and so would we. But UConn went about the Big 12 expansion in a completely professional and respectful manner. ECU and UCF tired to #BegHarder and everybody laughed at them. Houston chose to act like it was their birthright to be in the P5 and they were gonna take over the Big 12 -- they deserve the skepticism. And we're all sinking fast so better throw those stones while we're still above water.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom