Houston Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Houston Post Game Thread

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
they needed to win a big game, another missed opportunity and another poor finish

Reaction Score
I thought they played well but those final few shots were just awful, no play drawn and just force ups

Reaction Score
I hate foul fests.

Wind went out of the bag on Jalen's drive when he lost the ball with 3 minutes left. Until then, they were trading turns at the foul line.

I just hate when refs call every single touch a foul.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Free throw shooting down the stretch was the biggest difference.
But man, did the refs make that one a tough watch in the final 20.

They took Adderall at half time maybe.

Thank you. Let the game breathe. What should have been a breathless finish kind of stumbled to a conclusion. That sai, we missed too many freebies down the stretch. Had to be tired legs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Best game of the year in many ways.

Down the stretch, I saw:
  • Some lopsided calls by the refs
  • Bad FT shooting in the clutch by UConn
  • We reverted to stand around and dribble, then hope Adams can hero ball us to a basket.
  • Nobody could guard Gray
  • We gave up way too many rebounds, and played too small (or played our worst big)

Reaction Score
Tonight played out exactly as it should have. A slightly above average team pulled away late at home against a below average team. UConn looked and played tonight like a team with a few high major talents and little else. But, hey, they looked like a basketball team and hung tough for most of the game. In this very sad season, that was progress and nice to see.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thank you. Let the game breathe. What should have been a breathless finish kind of stumbled to a conclusion. That sai, we missed too many freebies down the stretch. Had to be tired legs.

That tends to happen when your coach only plays 7 guys. Our bench scored 4 points I believe, and 2 of those were DO FTs at the end (when a 44% FT shooter with no offense had no business being on the floor).

Reaction Score
Big night for Houston. Last game of the regular season, senior night, first time in the top 25 since 2006, likely heading to just their second NCAA tournament appearance since 1992. So big that only 5,237 fans, or <65% of the arena's capacity, decided to show up tonight #AmericanRising

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Best game of the year in many ways.

Down the stretch, I saw:
  • Some lopsided calls by the refs
  • Bad FT shooting in the clutch by UConn
  • We reverted to stand around and dribble, then hope Adams can hero ball us to a basket.
  • Nobody could guard Gray
  • We gave up way too many rebounds, and played too small (or played our worst big)
Nice summary. You out-briefed Chief.

Reaction Score
Tonight played out exactly as it should have. A slightly above average team pulled away late at home against a below average team.

Houston’s ranked 25th. Out of 350 teams playing D1 basketball.

That qualifies them, comparatively, as an exceptional team. Or at least a “better than 325 other D1 teams” team.

Anyway, UCONN probably does qualify as a “below average team”, based on record.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Lackoftalentlackoftalentlackoftalent.
Lack of talent? Definitely short on talent but I wouldn't say lack. The Huskies were in this game and hung around until the last few minutes. Clearly the team has improved over the last couple of games but it's just not enough. Hopefully they can build on what's good and have something to show for it, if not this season then certainly next.

Reaction Score
UConn is a classic bad team. There is always something that falters, bad start, bad finish bad defense, missed shots, dumb turnover. It is always something g and it can change from game to game. I remember in my early days following the Patriots one year th y were aswful like 2 win awful. People would say but their defense is really good the offense stinks. So I go to a game and the o scores like 35 points. They get beaten 42-35. It was always something. Bottom line is they were a bad team. Same thing with this team. Jus bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom