Houston Open Practice 8/5 | The Boneyard

Houston Open Practice 8/5

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Down here for work and they’re having a free scrimmage before their international trip to Italy. Some thoughts on what is essentially organized pickup:

First and foremost- the facility is gorgeous. Fertitta is brand new obviously but very impressive.

If Grimes becomes immediately eligible they’re going to be a nightmare defensively. Him and Jarreau are LONG and Grimes is built. Will be able to switch everything.

Alley Jr the undersized 4 made 3 of 5 threes in the first quarter. If he can stretch the floor that opens things up for them offensively as Jarreau likes to go to the rim.

Mills is a legit shooter and the Towson Transfer Gorham is going to be a factor.

Even though it’s just a scrimmage, the defensive effort was impressive. You can tell they’re well coached.

As with all the UH teams since we’ve been in the league, they lack true size in the post which could ultimately be their downfall like last year vs UK. Only guy over 6’8 on the roster is Harris Jr.

Ultimately it’s just a scrimmage but the Coogs have some really impressive athletes on this roster. I expect them to be back in the top 3 this season in the league.

Reaction Score
Why would anyone here possibly care about this?

C

Chief00

Down here for work and they’re having a free scrimmage before their international trip to Italy. Some thoughts on what is essentially organized pickup:

First and foremost- the facility is gorgeous. Fertitta is brand new obviously but very impressive.

If Grimes becomes immediately eligible they’re going to be a nightmare defensively. Him and Jarreau are LONG and Grimes is built. Will be able to switch everything.

Alley Jr the undersized 4 made 3 of 5 threes in the first quarter. If he can stretch the floor that opens things up for them offensively as Jarreau likes to go to the rim.

Mills is a legit shooter and the Towson Transfer Gorham is going to be a factor.

Even though it’s just a scrimmage, the defensive effort was impressive. You can tell they’re well coached.

As with all the UH teams since we’ve been in the league, they lack true size in the post which could ultimately be their downfall like last year vs UK. Only guy over 6’8 on the roster is Harris Jr.

Ultimately it’s just a scrimmage but the Coogs have some really impressive athletes on this roster. I expect them to be back in the top 3 this season in the league.

Generally, agree.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Right? We should be preparing for the Big East opponents! Let’s just throw away this upcoming season!!!

Hurley should worry about them. We are still in Blue Heaven and don’t ever have to consider them again.

Reaction Score
Why would anyone here possibly care about this?

I appreciate the fact Drew likes college basketball enough to go check this out. We still have to play them this year, I think twice so why not throw out some thoughts on Houston. This is a site where we talk about college basketball especially when related to our Huskies.

I care and liked the read. My question is if you didn't care about what he wrote why would you even reply in that case?

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
If you don't care about Houston you don't care about them handing us our arses the last few years. I personally want to beat them more than anyone in the league and not just once, I want to win in Houston along with home and in the AAC tournament if possible. We finally got one at SMU which was a relief. Beating Memphis this year would be nice but Houston would be way sweater.

Reaction Score
If you don't care about Houston you don't care about them handing us our arses the last few years. I personally want to beat them more than anyone in the league and not just once, I want to win in Houston along with home and in the AAC tournament if possible. We finally got one at SMU which was a relief. Beating Memphis this year would be nice but Houston would be way sweater.
Never have won at SMU.

Reaction Score
I appreciate the fact Drew likes college basketball enough to go check this out. We still have to play them this year, I think twice so why not throw out some thoughts on Houston. This is a site where we talk about college basketball especially when related to our Huskies.

I care and liked the read. My question is if you didn't care about what he wrote why would you even reply in that case?
I just wanted to understand what people are thinking and why.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom