Houston lay-up lines | The Boneyard

Houston lay-up lines

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
First of all, these guys are jacked .

Secondly, their lay-up line has them actually working on post moves and game shots, not just high school layup / dunk stuff.

Makes sense why they only have 1 loss. Love the pregame routine. Hope we steal this nugget.

Reaction Score
Im not sure if it means anything, but I always felt that guys should practice what they need to during the lay up line whether its free throws, post moves, 3 point shooting, especially if the game is on the road.

Reaction Score
Will be really happy if they compete for 30-35 but I don't see it. Sucks to feel this way but without AG and JAdams just a real tough match up. Don't think they'll let up on the pressure after seeing what CV and Tarin did Sunday. Not 100% sure they are a good pressure team or not, but Sampson will have something up his sleeve as to not allow our guys to gain confidence. Feel for our guys and DH but let's see what happens.

Reaction Score
Not going to complain about that first half considering the past few weeks. In fact a half like that makes me feel even more sure Hurley is the right guy. Lets see what happens in the second half but I liked the fight in the first 20 against a solid top 20 team with a lot of missing pieces ..

Reaction Score
The layup line is pretty much for show. What your team does during the game is more dependent on what they do in practice. What happens in a layup line is going to have little affect on the game.

Reaction Score
I was a few rows back when they came to Moody last year. My first thought to pop in my head was steroids. Those guys are absolutely jacked

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Our offense struggles a lot, it would just be nice to see us using the time pregame more effectively and to practice shots we are going to be taking during the game. I'm sure it could only help them find their stroke and rhythm so we don't come out as flat as we always do to start a half. The first 6-8 minutes of the first and second half is usually where we lose the game because of ineffective offense. Maybe it is time to try something different.

Reaction Score
With regards to the pre-game warmup I agree w McLovin. . The idea is to raise the heart rate and slowly warm the muscles.
But 3-4 minutes is enough. Then let's be innovative and do a variety of real game moves designed to get our players bodies and minds in the game. Great idea!

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I got to the XL early and over-all the thing that makes an impression is their athleticism. Also, they have a couple shooters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom