Houston Invited? | The Boneyard

Houston Invited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's all over Twitter right now, too. Looks like lots of sources are confirming the Cougars' (?) (Jeez, just realized I'm not positive what their nickname is) invite.

Reaction Score
They're celebrating over on their scout board. I think they're a good pick up and will drastically upgrade their profile with this move. Assuming UConn isn't going anywhere I'm really hoping this all works out.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They're celebrating over on their scout board. I think they're a good pick up and will drastically upgrade their profile with this move. Assuming UConn isn't going anywhere I'm really hoping this all works out.
Even if we do move on I would like to see this work out.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
The wikipedia page for the University of Houston says their hand-sign (I think it's a requirement for Texas schools to have hand signs) is the shocker, hahaha.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The UCF official story hasn't changed. sounds like they are in and ready to accept

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DALLAS — USF President Judy Genshaft helped UCF take the first step toward potentially joining the Big East.

UCF President John Hitt told the Orlando Sentinel that Genshaft called him last week to inform him she sponsored a motion asking the Big East to consider the Knights as a potential all-sports candidate. The motion was approved unanimously, setting up the first meeting between Big East administrators and UCF leaders Friday in Cincinnati.

Hitt said he thanked Genshaft for her support. He added the meeting with Big East officials Friday was positive, but he said UCF does not currently have an offer to join the league.

Hitt and UCF Athletic Director Keith Tribble called premature the reports by ESPN and other media outlets that the Knights had already received an invitation to the Big East

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Wow, just spent about 15 minutes on the Houston Scouts Board... Never seen a happier group of people. I feel good for them. Now let's go kick their aces until someone calls us to join a different league.

Reaction Score
Good to hear Houston's coming, but this Mizzou news puts a damper on things tonight.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I wonder if USF's change of heart on UCF is a move to get future allies in case the Big East really becomes unraveled.

Reaction Score
Boggles my mind how much the SU/Pitt folks enjoy seeing it die.
Be careful making blanket statements about all of them. I haven't read the Pitt boards, but I have seen numerous SU fans who are sour about the ACC move and the impending blow up of the Big East in a recognizable state.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Be careful making blanket statements about all of them. I haven't read the Pitt boards, but I have seen numerous SU fans who are sour about the ACC move and the impending blow up of the Big East in a recognizable state.

Fair enough. I could have said it better.

I can't believe that there are folks on there who are openly rooting for the destruction of the conference. Hoping you aren't in it is one thing, hoping the schools around you are screwed for your advantage (as opposed to, you know, actually competing with them), is entirely different. BC-ish.

Reaction Score
Boggles my mind how much the SU/Pitt folks enjoy seeing it die.

Karma's a bitch. Right BCU?

The odds of them ever getting to BCS bowl game just got a lot, lot longer.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm waiting until things are officially confirmed. There have been so many unsubstantiated stories floating around that have eventually proved false so I'll hold off on all of this until there is proof, including the story about Missouri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom