Houston Fan Here | The Boneyard

Houston Fan Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A friend of mine, my dad, and I are planning on making the trip this November to attend the Houston vs UConn game. My proposition to y'all is, if one of y'all feeds us, I will provide craft beer from the breweries located in and around Houston. We would like to experience how tailgating is done by the UConn faithful.

Anyone game?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We always liked having visiting fans join our tailgate. I would throw out the invite but my group is down to 3 due to old age, relocation and apathy. I'm sure you will get a better offer but come the week of the game and you are still looking send me a PM.

Reaction Score
A friend of mine, my dad, and I are planning on making the trip this November to attend the Houston vs UConn game. My proposition to y'all is, if one of y'all feeds us, I will provide craft beer from the breweries located in and around Houston. We would like to experience how tailgating is done by the UConn faithful.

Anyone game?
My group would love to have you. We range in age from late 30's to mid 50s, grill a good meal prior to the game, and enjoy a lot of beers. Come back on closer to the game and we'll connect.

Reaction Score

Anyone game?
My group would be glad to cover y'all on this one as long as y'all don't say y'all every sentence. :D We have an ideal tailgate location close to the stadium to maximize the experience and still be in our seats well before kick-off.
PM me and we can exchange numbers and go over logistics. For starters bring what ever cold weather gear you may have, even with it only being November there is never a day without a breeze or heavy winds around The Dog House. As for the menu it varies game to game with anything from deep fried turkey to venison stew along with bbq ribs and sides. Beverage of choice will be available.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Our group of 6 has shrunk to a group of 2. We were able to keep our seat location that we've been in for years, but my brother and I decided to forego a parking pass. Instead, we plan on parking across the street from the second Silver Lane entrance for $10/game.

If you don't get any better offers, you're welcome to join us too. November is a tricky month to make a firm commitment to for our football program these years. IF we are stuck in the mud of another 2-win campaign, you'll likely be able to find $5 (or less) tickets in the parking lots before the game and your pick of seat location during the game. If UConn is good (i.e. in bowl contention), then it could be much different. For the sake of your travels, I hope that we are good and that you can come to our stadium and enjoy a competitive game. We all know that you guys will be good this year - just hope that we can hold up our end of the game and provide a good gameday atmosphere that we had 5 years ago.

Feel free to bump up this thread as we get closer to gameday and we can all provide you with some places to go/see while you are out here.

Good luck this season!

Reaction Score
Stinger92860 said:
If I bring home made wine, 2014 super Tuscan, who will feed us?
My tailgate is always in first row by gate C. There's always at least 8 of us, too much food and plenty of beer and cocktails. You're more than welcome.

Reaction Score
Does anybody have any idea what time this game will be? The UConn men are playing the same day at home and hoping that its at different times so I can do both.

Reaction Score
Does anybody have any idea what time this game will be? The UConn men are playing the same day at home and hoping that its at different times so I can do both.

Probably won't find out until later in season. 13 days/6 days out is most likely.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
@den2010 glad to see some Houston fans making the trip up North! I'd be cool with you guys stopping by our tailgate if you can't find any better option. Its my dad and myself, and usually a couple of our other buddies from our section we've gotten tight with over the years. Our menu is always pretty on-point (usually themed after the opponet that week). So in that case we'll do steaks or bbq of some variety. We have a bar, and pretty cool setup. Find the CT state flag and Uconn flag in the Grey Lot and you'll find us.

Reaction Score
How friggin' difficult is it not to schedule a football game and a basketball game in conflict with each other? If the times overlap this will be the third consecutive season it's happened. Only the one in Europe was marginally legitimate. This year it's worse. Furman would probably walk on their hands to Gampel just to be on the same floor. Tell them to show up on Frday or Sunday for heaven sakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom