Houston, Ark, USC,UCLA | The Boneyard

Houston, Ark, USC,UCLA

Reaction Score
Best FF for our board discussion wise
If Arkansas gets in we can live/ hate on Vance regardless of his participation
USC gives us the win we can be proud if this year
But a UCLA Houston final ....would that make us remember the good old days of the mighty(?) American conference, much to our disdain?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Best FF for our board discussion wise
If Arkansas gets in we can live/ hate on Vance regardless of his participation
USC gives us the win we can be proud if this year
But a UCLA Houston final ....would that make us remember the good old days of the mighty(?) American conference, much to our disdain?

I don't think you have to worry about anyone from the left side of the bracket being in the final except Gonzaga.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t mind the two best teams playing in the Final game this season. I think Gonzaga vs Baylor would be a great game.

Selfishly, I need Houston and UCLA in my bracket. That is pretty much the only reason I care about either team.

Reaction Score
My bracket is totally busted and I don't have interest betting anymore...I just like the tournament too much to care about extenuating circumstances.

On that note, I'm rooting hard for Arkansas. I really like Musselman. Since he'll likely declare for the draft, I've been cherishing watching Moses Moody and he's a guy I've watched in HS due to my Montverde connections. Tate and Smith are great glue guys too.

I'm actually rooting for UCLA too. Campbell is an easy player to like, as is Jaquez. With USC, we can root for Tahj Eaddy and Evan Mobley is a joy to watch too. I've talked about my respect and joy of watching Houston too.

Bottom line, I really like these remaining eight teams and can't wait for these games!

Reaction Score
If Houston wins, does that make the American a P6? It would have as many NCAA championships as the New Big East. And they actually would have multiple teams win it unlike the Big Villanova and the 9 munchkins...but I suppose congratulations is in order. A non-Villanova NBE team got past the 1st weekend for the 2nd time.

Reaction Score
If Houston wins, does that make the American a P6? It would have as many NCAA championships as the New Big East. And they actually would have multiple teams win it unlike the Big Villanova and the 9 munchkins...but I suppose congratulations is in order. A non-Villanova NBE team got past the 1st weekend for the 2nd time.
no. chips belong to schools and schools belong to conferences. a conference can only count chips of current members. the aac has zero claim to UConns 2014 chip. it's now a chip belonging to a BE school, just like UCLA's titles dont belong to the pacific coast conference, they belong to UCLA which is now in the PAC12.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
no. chips belong to schools and schools belong to conferences. a conference can only count chips of current members. the aac has zero claim to UConns 2014 chip. it's now a chip belonging to a BE school, just like UCLA's titles dont belong to the pacific coast conference, they belong to UCLA which is now in the PAC12.
Um no. It is not a title won by the NBE. And just FYI the PCC and the AWAC were forerunners of the PAC 8 which morphed into the PAC 12. So it was the same conference. And by the way, UConn and Syracuse’s titles weren’t won while they were in the New Big East. The AAC is the successor conference to that league. The NBE Is a different conference entirely. And a lesser one I might add.

Reaction Score
I’m, no. It is not a title won by the NBE. And just FYI the PCC and the AWAC were forerunners of the PAC 8 which morphed into the PAC 12. So it was the same conference. And by the way, OConn and Syracuse’s titles weren’t won while they were in the New Big East. The AAC is the successor conference to that league.
i didnt say it was a title won by the NBE that's the point. no one says the BE has 9 titles, they say the schools currently in the BE have 9 titles. with all the realignment no one keeps track of what conference a school was in when they won a chip, and no one cares. aac schools (cincy) have won 2 titles.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Where is Raferty when we need him?? "Send it in Jerome!!!"

Reaction Score
This houston-Oregon st game has to be one of the worst elite 8 games ever

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nice to see the Cougars return to the FF.

While I wanted to be Clyde, Akeem or Michael Young, I always gravitated to lunch pail PF's, so Larry Micheaux it was for me.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
While I always rooted for UNLV against the 40 minutes of hell Arkansas teams- loved to watch Todd Day, Lee Mayberry and Oliver Miller teams.

Definitely rooting for ArKansas against Baylor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom