Houston’s Jasmine Harris | The Boneyard

Houston’s Jasmine Harris

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I saw that. She looked like Houston's best player. She played 15 minutes in the 1st half, picked up her 2nd foul, and the Houston coach took her out of the game, I assume to keep her from picking up her 3rd foul. She didn't look injured. The telecast showed her sitting on the bench in the 2nd half with her warmup top on.

Reaction Score
And not a rod from the announcers! How does the best player on a team not play at all in the 2nd half and not a word from the announcers and they aren’t rookie announcers, both be doing games for years.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
And not a rod from the announcers! How does the best player on a team not play at all in the 2nd half and not a word from the announcers and they aren’t rookie announcers, both be doing games for years.
This wasn't a great broadcast crew. If there had been an injury, I presume that someone would have told them and they would have passed it on, which makes me believe that Harris may have said or done something to p.o. the coach. Perhaps the announcers were reluctant to speculate? I suspect Rebecca or Kara would have noticed her absence and said something on air.

Reaction Score
This wasn't a great broadcast crew. If there had been an injury, I presume that someone would have told them and they would have passed it on, which makes me believe that Harris may have said or done something to p.o. the coach. Perhaps the announcers were reluctant to speculate? I suspect Rebecca or Kara would have noticed her absence and said something on air.
Maybe off track but this game and several o5thhers this afternoon make me really really, really miss SNY, Kara Gary. Meg. Could just be me but I think they do a better job.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Maybe off track but this game and several o5thhers this afternoon make me really really, really miss SNY, Kara Gary. Meg. Could just be me but I think they do a better job.
It’s not just you!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Here's Coach Hughey's comment on Harris not playing in the 2nd half:

Guard Jasmyne Harris, a preseason first-team all-conference selection, was benched in the second half. She finished with eight points and four turnovers in 14 minutes.

"She got a little frustrated with what we were asking her to do versus what she was seeing on the floor," Hughey said. "We were trying to get on the same page with that and get her through the frustration part. Once we got into a rhythm, we just decided to go with what we had out there."

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And Eric too. I have heard him do non UConn games and he is excellent and you would never know that he is a UConn "homer".

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

Guard Jasmyne Harris, a preseason first-team all-conference selection, was benched in the second half. She finished with eight points and four turnovers in 14 minutes.

"She got a little frustrated with what we were asking her to do versus what she was seeing on the floor," Hughey said. "We were trying to get on the same page with that and get her through the frustration part. Once we got into a rhythm, we just decided to go with what we had out there."
Guess she will transfer to MSST. ;)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Exactly what "rhythm" was Hughey referring to? They were down by 20-30 points for almost the entire second half! LOL

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Vianni is usually good. Today, she was an annoyance.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm resurrecting this thread because the commentators on the UCF-UH broadcast just said that Jasmyne Harris (Houston's best player) hasn't played since the UConn game, and that this is related to behavioral issues. Coach's decision.

Reaction Score
“Houston’s top scorer is preseason all-conference guard Jasmyne Harris, who has missed the past four games because of a suspension.”

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads