Houston’s Grimes Ruled Eligible For 2019-20 | The Boneyard

Houston’s Grimes Ruled Eligible For 2019-20

Reaction Score
Not one to complain, but at this point it genuinely feels as though any program can apply for a waiver and just get it. Is there something we are missing here? Are we just bad at applying for them... can you even be BAD at it?

Reaction Score
Not one to complain, but at this point it genuinely feels as though any program can apply for a waiver and just get it. Is there something we are missing here? Are we just bad at applying for them... can you even be BAD at it?
Well, we were pretty damn bad at cheating at recruiting now weren't we??

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Why didn’t we even try for Cole? Because we have the guard depth right now? I’m sure we’ll regret that if Bouknight ends up missing extended time or Al gets hurt.

Reaction Score
Why didn’t we even try for Cole? Because we have the guard depth right now? I’m sure we’ll regret that if Bouknight ends up missing extended time or Al gets hurt.

Yeah, just reading tea leaves seems they'd rather have (edit) both of his years of eligibility come when AG (potentially) isn't on the roster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have been saying this too. Our ball handling is dangerously thin if Alterique gets hurt

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Yeah, just reading tea leaves seems they'd rather have all 3 of his years of eligibility come when AG (potentially) isn't on the roster.
He’ll have 2 years of eligibility.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'll admit I think most kids should be immediately eligible. But in a situation where he doesn't even have a spot on his team to go back to, no doubt in my mind it's the right call
Given the awareness that money is flowing to kids I'm more cautious about eligibility. Certainly in Grimes situation no team or individual was hurt. It appears to have been a mutual benefit for everyone involved.

Can coaches withdraw athletic scholarships from players anytime and for any reasons? If not this is an easy way for coaches to recruit over players.

Reaction Score
I'll admit I think most kids should be immediately eligible. But in a situation where he doesn't even have a spot on his team to go back to, no doubt in my mind it's the right call

Yeah but he didn't have a spot because he told his college he wasn't returning from the draft lol. He told them to fill his spot and then used having no spot to get a waiver. Pretty great loophole, to be honest.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yeah but he didn't have a spot because he told his college he wasn't returning from the draft lol. He told them to fill his spot and then used having no spot to get a waiver. Pretty great loophole, to be honest.
Exactly. This is the slippery slope I'm most concerned about.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He found a loophole and lucked out. He left school after the season and told the coaching staff that he was never going to return. He did not play very well last year.

Reaction Score
My translation:

IF we get a new transfer this season and IF we want him to play in 2020-21, make sure:

* He is a graduate transfer; OR,
* He is a player on a team that already has too many scholarships for next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom