Hotels Near the XL Center | The Boneyard

Hotels Near the XL Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I found roundtrip airfare from Denver to Hartford for $253. Any suggestions on hotels close to the XL Center?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
There are several. All will be overpriced but acceptable. Closest are the Hilton (literally next door) and The Residence Inn (two blocks away). Both are fine, but they will cost more than they should given that, you know, it's Hartford.

If you want to save some money, Manchester is pretty close to Hartford and will be cheaper. Of course, you'll have to drive more.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Our solution is not everyone's but I'll mention it for those who just don't want to miss upcoming big games in Hartford.

My wife and I have our season tix for Hartford games in the Veterans Memorial Coliseum. We live in Norwalk, 70 miles away, so we allow 1.5 hours from our place to the turnstile. Both the Louisville and Baylor games start at 9 p.m., so no way we would exit the arena before 11:30 p.m., which would translate into a late and long drive home with the possibility of snowy conditions.

So we booked rooms at the Hilton, which will be costly but will eliminate anxiety about dining, parking, transportation, etc. Our agenda is also consistent with what I learned during my 20-year military career: "The best plan is the one most free of contingencies."

Go to ebay to identify Kibitzer family heirlooms being auctioned to finance our support for our great team.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
As Alex and Kib said, the Hilton is adjacent to the XL Center. Residence Inn is very close. However, compared to Denver, our downtown is very small and does not compare in terms of restaurant/lodging choices. The Hilton has restaurants, and Black-Eyed Sally's (for bbq) is adjacent to the Inn. Tavern is a block away (good food/beer).

Be prepared to be separated from $20 for 2 hot dogs/2 sodas in the XL, and $8 if you want a domestic beer.

Being from Denver, you will not be surprised to know that February is a very snowy month in the NE corridor....so staying close is a good idea!

I am guessing you will be in Baylor colors, so you will be easy to spot in the crowd of national flag blue & white.

But hope you make it - the atmosphere will be warm enough at the game!

Reaction Score
My husband and I stayed at the Homewood Suites for the BE Tournament several years ago (we drove in from Michigan and parking was easy, too). It was only a very short walk from the XL Center and close to restaurants. The rooms had kitchens in them so it helped to to cut costs. I wish we could make it back. (I've been a long time lurker and rarely post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom