OT: Hornets 2011 Championship Game Roundtable | The Boneyard

OT: Hornets 2011 Championship Game Roundtable

Reaction Score
It’s wild to think that year UConn was on the bubble going into the big east tournament...

That was without a doubt the best run in college basketball history.

Reaction Score
It’s wild to think that year UConn was on the bubble going into the big east tournament...

I’m not sure about that after winning in Maui , beating WSU, MSU (3) and Kentucky (8) in the process. Beating Texas (12) and Tennn and finishing at .500 in a brutal Big East.
They had 21-9 record going into the Big East tourney .
hardly a bubble worthy resume.
That doesn’t take away from the run but they were 21-0 against OC opponents and they had arguably the best player in the country.
They were young but they had three future number 1 NBA picks and 2 number 2picks on that team.

Reaction Score
Kemba has gotta get out of there. That Batum contract is probably one of the worst contracts right now. And MKG never really developed into the player people thought. Frank has shown signs of rebirth after being a bench player for a while. Love Kemba but you aint going to win a ton of games as your second best player as Lamb even though he's played great this year.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

They weren't on the bubble

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If they lost the first game of the BET they would have been out.

They would have been out of the Big East Tournament, yes.

I am sure that is what you meant because any other interpretation would call into question your ability to safely live outside of an assisted living facility.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
i went to a hornets game when uconn played in the car care bowl and they email me three times a week to buy season tickets.
Me too. (Maybe not 3 times a week but on occasion)

A good friend of mine was working for the Hornets at the time and got us passes that got us in to some fancy bar area where the rich folk hung before the games and allowed us interact with the players (Emeka) as they made there way to the court pregame. Fun night.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love Lamb - Calhoun punched the white board and went off, he went off.

Reaction Score
If they lost the first game of the BET they would have been out.

Umm, no.

I don't even buy this logic for the 2016 team, even though it's become the conventional wisdom. You don't go from being out of the tournament to a 9 seed just because you won your conference tournament (especially considering we beat a bad Memphis team in the finals).

And you REALLY don't go from out of the tournament to a 3 seed just because you won your (admittedly much more challenging) conference tournament.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
No love for Okwandu in that video. He was dominant down low as well.

They (AO and CO) held Howard and smith to 3/22 shooting. Which is just ridiculous

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They would have been out of the Big East Tournament, yes.

I am sure that is what you meant because any other interpretation would call into question your ability to safely live outside of an assisted living facility.
If they had lost to DePaul the way they were limping into that postseason, I wouldn't have trusted the committee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom