Hoping For Rescheduling News Today | The Boneyard

Hoping For Rescheduling News Today

Reaction Score
I was looking through the schedule last night, and St.John’s and Xavier would both fit into the 2/18 open slot. I’m hoping they make an announcement today or tomorrow. I realize that makes 4 games in 8 days, but I don’t see any clear cut options in the schedule, unless the BE moves other games around.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I'm going to guess this is what happens.

This Saturday's game get switched from Xavier to St Johns (who isn't playing this weekend) due to COVID in the Xavier program. The Xavier game gets moved to 2/18.

Reaction Score

This Saturday's game get switched from Xavier to St Johns (who isn't playing this weekend) due to COVID in the Xavier program. The Xavier game gets moved to 2/18.
Ah yes, that would work.

Reaction Score
4 games in 8 days??? Seems a bit much to bite off at first glance but I guess it would be sort of like playing the first and second weekends of the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
4 games in 8 days??? Seems a bit much to bite off at first glance but I guess it would be sort of like playing the first and second weekends of the NCAA tourney.
They're college athletes. They can handle that no problem...These kids would rather be playing that often instead of once a week

Besides, if you believe Hurley about our practice intensity - then a 40 minute game is easier for our guys than a 2 hour hard practice

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Anyone know for sure yet whether it's Xavier or DePaul that caused the game on Th to get pulled?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

According to this, it was DePaul with the covid issue this week, not Xavier. So maybe we're still ok for Saturday.

Xavier vs. DePaul postponed this week, Musketeers search for non-conference opponent

edit: i may have misread this. maybe DePaul is ducking the game because of their internal protocols as they relate to Xavier's covid issue?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Bouk back play anyone, anywhere.

If not, no thanks. Simple.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
According to this, it was DePaul with the covid issue this week, not Xavier. So maybe we're still ok for Saturday.

Xavier vs. DePaul postponed this week, Musketeers search for non-conference opponent

edit: i may have misread this. maybe DePaul is ducking the game because of their internal protocols as they relate to Xavier's covid issue?
Could you find a better take than "ducking the game"? Be a little more understanding of how difficult this situation is and how lucky we are we can actually see any games. You and I are not at risk at all sitting at our TVs, but we are so willing to risk the lives of these kids for our entertainment!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Creighton game 1—17 days between games
St John’s— 7 days between games
Creighton two- 5 days between games (Nova cancel)
Seton Hall— 11 days between games

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Could you find a better take than "ducking the game"? Be a little more understanding of how difficult this situation is and how lucky we are we can actually see any games. You and I are not at risk at all sitting at our TVs, but we are so willing to risk the lives of these kids for our entertainment!
Yeesh, all the crap that gets thrown around here, and you choose to call me out on this? Ok "maybe they elected to postpone the game out of an abundance of caution and their internal protocols as they relate to Xavier's covid issue". That better? ;)

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Yeesh, all the crap that gets thrown around here, and you choose to call me out on this? Ok "maybe they elected to postpone the game out of an abundance of caution and their internal protocols as they relate to Xavier's covid issue". That better? ;)
yes thanks

Reaction Score

Interesting. Can still get St.John’s or Xavier on 2/18

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
These idiots making decisions for the NCAA and various state health departments have actually managed to incentivize kids to get the virus. After kids test positive there’s a 90 day window where they no longer even need to be tested. So some of these teams have their entire program in the 90 day window, they don’t even conduct testing on these teams. This constant testing is totally disruptive to a program. We only had 2 kids get it and 1 staff member, which from my understanding is on the low end. As we travel and play games more frequently we need to dodge tests. Not ideal.

Reaction Score
These idiots making decisions for the NCAA and various state health departments have actually managed to incentivize kids to get the virus. After kids test positive there’s a 90 day window where they no longer even need to be tested. So some of these teams have their entire program in the 90 day window, they don’t even conduct testing on these teams. This constant testing is totally disruptive to a program. We only had 2 kids get it and 1 staff member, which from my understanding is on the low end. As we travel and play games more frequently we need to dodge tests. Not ideal.
Actually I find it quite ideal we've avoided having our entire team come down with Covid

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom