Hopefully Bouknight is our Bueckers | The Boneyard

Hopefully Bouknight is our Bueckers

Reaction Score
Things were great, men got ranked, then the folks started to talk a lot (Syracuse blah blah blah ... Rutgers blah blah ... ) and now we are struggling a bit after injuries. Folks are getting a bit down on players, Hurley, and negative in a lot of ways. Feels to me like some forgot how bad things were 4 years ago.

I watched the women play, and they are being celebrated as #1. But can you imagine if Bueckers hadn't saved the day ... it'd be "Geno doesn't have the close game magic" and his in-game coaching sucks. Instead, their stud (is there a female version??) rescued them. Unfortunately the men haven't had Bouk to rescue them.

I hope Bouknight returns, and role players get to return to their roles and thrive. I expect Whaley to get back on track ... defend hard and clean up on offense after the other team commits to stopping Bouk. Others hopefully will too.

I liked the role players getting the chance to expand, but I fear this has gone on a bit long and the team is developing losing habits. I can't wait to see Bouk back in action to right the ship.

Reaction Score
Generally agree with most of what you've said. Bouk is the straw that stirs the drink for us.

I'm not sure if we're developing "losing habits" per se...just facing stronger teams that are tougher to beat with only role-players & young still-developing freshmen/sophmores at our disposal. We have a razor-thin margin of error vs. these teams.

Add in the battle with injuries, the long layoffs before all of our losses, lack of crowd to help shift momentum (with a crowd, I suspect we find a way to win vs. Seton Hall & St. Johns), and we're probably sitting at 10-2 instead of 8-4.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't play at least 10-20 minutes tonight

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
James Bouknight is not playing again this season these threads are insane. Better chance of Drummond pushing Whaley to the bench

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom