Hoophall Thread | The Boneyard

Hoophall Thread

Reaction Score
For old Big East fans, Shittu is a Tim Thomas clone re Villanova. Shoots deep, tried to break pressure dribbling, competes actively on the boards, contests underneath. I did expect him to be bigger than he is. He is in the Facey mold as Facey is now.

Eric Ayala is like Purvis taking the ball to the rim hard and converting 25%. Has a beard which makes him appear old and wise. 6'5 size at point is interesting but he drove to the rim 10 times or more and was successful converting or getting fouled maybe 3 times. His move was power and trying to rise higher than the defense. Other guys had more success with some dipsy do at the rim a la Jalen. Did not seem like a pure shooter at all. The forwards for PSa were very active and interesting.

Sid Wilson is a very skinny very small 6'7 that rises high. Today he had multiple shots at 15' at the foul line and foul line extended, but only hit a couple. He missed several free throws. I have seen him 2-3 times now and he has never determined the outcome of the game like you want a small forward to do.

In the same game and not starting for Brewster was Aaron Wheeler who did play stellar today. Very active, scored, out of area rebounds and blocks, I thought he was better that Makai who got player of the game on reputation I think.

Most interesting player I saw that I had never noted before was Isiah Stokes of IMG that plays with Trevon Duval and didn't start. Everybody around me said WOW. 6'8 listed that is more like 6'10 285 ls listed and he is all of it. #115 committed to FL. On the last play of the game took the ball the length of the court against pressure and finished. Played starter minutes, shot the 3, powered to the rim, and guys literally feared taking a charge because it was like standing in front of a buffalo.

I didn't see Moses Brown because he fouled out so fast in his game. Huge height easily 7 ' but a game like Brimah vs Georgetown according to people in the stands.

Interesting that the player of the game for New Hampton was Jimmy Boeheim. 6'7 ish and New Hampton. think Tyler Lyden, is a Syracuse stashing place like Brewster for us.

If we are looking for impact players with our open scholarships, Shittu is the place to start. I haven't seen Reeves but I'll take him sight unseen vs who I have seen.

For those like me who are ok crying over spilled milk - Tremont Waters 29pts.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

I have HIGH hopes for Shittu. He seems to love Ollie, and because he's not a surefire NBA guy I don't think UK will recruit him.

Top 15 player in 2018 who's a point power forward in the Draymond Green or Nigel Hayes mold.

Shittu's skillset would be very complimentary to this incoming roster.

Reaction Score
For old Big East fans, Shittu is a Tim Thomas clone re Villanova. Shoots deep, tried to break pressure dribbling, competes actively on the boards, contests underneath. I did expect him to be bigger than he is. He is in the Facey mold as Facey is now.

Eric Ayala is like Purvis taking the ball to the rim hard and converting 25%. Has a beard which makes him appear old and wise. 6'5 size at point is interesting but he drove to the rim 10 times or more and was successful converting or getting fouled maybe 3 times. His move was power and trying to rise higher than the defense. Other guys had more success with some dipsy do at the rim a la Jalen. Did not seem like a pure shooter at all. The forwards for PSa were very active and interesting.

Sid Wilson is a very skinny very small 6'7 that rises high. Today he had multiple shots at 15' at the foul line and foul line extended, but only hit a couple. He missed several free throws. I have seen him 2-3 times now and he has never determined the outcome of the game like you want a small forward to do.

In the same game and not starting for Brewster was Aaron Wheeler who did play stellar today. Very active, scored, out of area rebounds and blocks, I thought he was better that Makai who got player of the game on reputation I think.

Most interesting player I saw that I had never noted before was Isiah Stokes of IMG that plays with Trevon Duval and didn't start. Everybody around me said WOW. 6'8 listed that is more like 6'10 285 ls listed and he is all of it. #115 committed to FL. On the last play of the game took the ball the length of the court against pressure and finished. Played starter minutes, shot the 3, powered to the rim, and guys literally feared taking a charge because it was like standing in front of a buffalo.

I didn't see Moses Brown because he fouled out so fast in his game. Huge height easily 7 ' but a game like Brimah vs Georgetown according to people in the stands.

Interesting that the player of the game for New Hampton was Jimmy Boeheim. 6'7 ish and New Hampton. think Tyler Lyden, is a Syracuse stashing place like Brewster for us.

If we are looking for impact players with our open scholarships, Shittu is the place to start. I haven't seen Reeves but I'll take him sight unseen vs who I have seen.

For those like me who are ok crying over spilled milk - Tremont Waters 29pts.
IMG started Duval, Stokes, Williams and Silvio de Sousa. That starting lineup was just unfair. Duval is beyond electric with the ball in his hand. He has the capabilty to be one of the best passers when he plays in the NBA. He just needs a little more discipline. Duval doesn't have a great release on his shot and missed a few makeable outside shots.

I loved Williams. Great athlete.

Stokes oh my is he a beast. Lol

Nwora is Vance the 2nd.

Reaction Score
Watching a few mins of this Sierra Canyon-La Lumiere game, this Marvin Bagley III is phenomenal, geez, be nice to get a sniff of top 10-15 kids

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom