Hoophall Anecdote | The Boneyard

Hoophall Anecdote

Reaction Score
I posted all my observations about players like Jackson & Cliff in the other Hoophall thread, but I thought this anecdote might interest a wider audience.

I sat next to a guy named Frank on Sunday who is 76 years old and had been on a college team but not good enough to get on the court much. After college he was trying to get into a Springfield industrial league that played good ball and got wind that a player was leaving a team. The team had been playing for the championship and the game was tied with a few seconds left. In a time out the coach had called for the ball to be held out, then delivered to the center to make a move and either win or go to overtime. Instead the player with the ball wanted to be the hero and put up a deep shot with time on the clock. He missed and a deep rebound started a fast break layup and a win for the other team. The player he was replacing had been a stalwart at AIC, ....Jim Calhoun!!! I got a laugh thinking about how a coach Jim Calhoun would react to that result in future years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom