Hoopgurlz/ESPN HS Rankings Site Down | The Boneyard

Hoopgurlz/ESPN HS Rankings Site Down

Reaction Score
I was trying to look at them as well and this happened. I even went back to the 2012, 2013, and 2014 classes and those weren't working either.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was trying to look at them as well and this happened. I even went back to the 2012, 2013, and 2014 classes and those weren't working either.

off thread topic.... but what does Wyoming have returning on the wcbb front?

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that "Hoopgurlz" is just a name -- ESPN gets the players/class ratings from Dan Olson of the Collegiate Girls Basketball Report. It has done so for the past few years, after the original Hoopgurlz (Glenn <xxx>) stopped doing them.

Perhaps the arrangement with Olson has ended?

Reaction Score
off thread topic.--- but what does Wyoming have returning on the wcbb front?
They return their leading scoring in senior Liv Roberts. They also return all of their bigs, which aren't very "big" compared to P5 conferences. I don't think they brought in any Freshmen this year, but instead a Juco transfer. I would be lying if I said I follow them closely. Which is pretty sad considering I'm a Wyoming student, but the games are hard to watch compared to watching Notre Dame and UConn.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They return their leading scoring in senior Liv Roberts. They also return all of their bigs, which aren't very "big" compared to P5 conferences. I don't think they brought in any Freshmen this year, but instead a Juco transfer. I would be lying if I said I follow them closely. Which is pretty sad considering I'm a Wyoming student, but the games are hard to watch compared to watching Notre Dame and UConn.

Oh ok... well your Lady Cowboys venture down to Durham right before Christmas. Yall were in the WNIT last season... just wondered if the team is expected to be as strong this year.

Oh well..... so what about Josh Allen? I'll make sure to watch a few Wyoming Football games.... I hope he ends up the #1 pick in the 2018 draft... it would be cool to see the top pick from a smaller school.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Drifting further OT, but since the subject of Wyoming came up...

Seattle hosted 1st and 2nd round men's Tourney games in 2015. My dad and I attended. 2 Wyoming fans were sitting right in front of us (they lost to Northern Iowa in the 1st Round) with full on ten gallon cowboy hats that blocked our view of about 2/3 of the court. They were genuinely surprised when we asked them if they could take their hats off. Maybe everybody wears a cowboy hat to games in Laramie, but not so much in Seattle. They complied w/ our request, but I thought it was fairly bizarre they didn't realize they were obstructing the view so drastically.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Drifting further OT, but since the subject of Wyoming came up...

Seattle hosted 1st and 2nd round men's Tourney games in 2015. My dad and I attended. 2 Wyoming fans were sitting right in front of us (they lost to Northern Iowa in the 1st Round) with full on ten gallon cowboy hats that blocked our view of about 2/3 of the court. They were genuinely surprised when we asked them if they could take their hats off. Maybe everybody wears a cowboy hat to games in Laramie, but not so much in Seattle. They complied w/ our request, but I thought it was fairly bizarre they didn't realize they were obstructing the view so drastically.

Hopefully if any Wyoming fans make it to Cameron Indoor... they wont be wearing Cowboy hats during the game. :cool:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hopefully if any Wyoming fans make it to Cameron Indoor... they wont be wearing Cowboy hats during the game. :cool:

If they do, unleash the Cameron Crazies on them. That should take care of any problems.

JS

Reaction Score
. . . for the past few years, after the original Hoopgurlz (Glenn <xxx>) stopped doing them.
Glenn Nelson.

Those who've been around a while may remember he used to post here from time to time. Not very successfully. Thin skinned, he got into terrible fights with people who questioned his rankings.

Give and take not his thing. Tried his own message board for a while (not much success there either) before selling Hoopgurlz to ESPN.

He's moved on from basketball to the outdoor life, particularly the enjoyment thereof by minorities.

The Trail Posse

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If they do, unleash the Cameron Crazies on them. That should take care of any problems.

They only come out for the UNC game. The game will be the Thursday before Christmas. Maybe a few senior citizens with santa hats on .... combined with a malcontent from the Triad could help subdue them. :p

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
He's moved on from basketball to the outdoor life, particularly the enjoyment thereof by minorities.

That's interesting. I hike in the NW all the time. I think there's a fair bit of diversity. One ethnicity in particular is very underrepresented, but I've seen the needle start to move a little bit the last several years.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Glenn Nelson.

Those who've been around a while may remember he used to post here from time to time. Not very successfully. Thin skinned, he got into terrible fights with people who questioned his rankings.

Give and take not his thing. Tried his own message board for a while (not much success there either) before selling Hoopgurlz to ESPN.

The Trail Posse
I got to know Glenn outside of the BY many years ago and found him to be opposite of what is being stated about him above. He was very reasonable ( not easily convinced though). Glenn also convey some information that was not obvious to the reader of the rankings. For example he never rated a player unless he saw them play in person at least twice. I believe he was living in the NW USA at the time and since it was easier for him to see players in that area he was always accused of having a West coat bias in players rankings. Glenn not only had a good eye for talent he was a good photographer . I brought many action shots of my daughters from him with the Hoopgurlz watermark.

Reaction Score
Oh ok... well your Lady Cowboys venture down to Durham right before Christmas. Yall were in the WNIT last season... just wondered if the team is expected to be as strong this year.

Oh well.---. so what about Josh Allen? I'll make sure to watch a few Wyoming Football games.--- I hope he ends up the #1 pick in the 2018 draft... it would be cool to see the top pick from a smaller school.
I think they might be able to give you guys a good game.
I actually had a class with Josh Allen last semester. One of my friends in that class had him in their group for our group projects. It would be really cool if he went #1 next year. We're hoping for a bowl game win next year!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom