Hoopfeed Previews the WNBA Season | The Boneyard

Hoopfeed Previews the WNBA Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thank you for reading.

The Sun released Dawn Evans today, by the way. Too bad, I love her shot, but too many other guards around.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Very in depth analysis. i have a hard time picturing the Liberty making the playoffs this year. they did nothing to bolster their front court, and adding Cain (some praised it as a great pick since she's been tearing up the Euro league, but i read she's playing in the equivalent of the NBA's D-league) may not give them any more consistency in the post than they had already.

Maybe i missed it but did the article pick the order they predicted the teams would finish? then again, the order of the teams discussed may be the order they are predicted to finish - Atlanta, Chicago, Connecticut, Indiana, New York and then Washington... (unless it's just alphabetical...)

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I just scanned it, D&S, but I saw enough to make me return for a much closer read. Looks like a very "basketball savvy" review of these teams.

Well done and thanks.

Reaction Score
Thank you for the kind thoughts.

Eric, we did not put them into a playoff order; it was meant to be an analysis of the teams, not predictions. I'll get into that more this week on the podcast, which I'm recording tonight.

We're going to have a roundtable preview, and the expected guests (barrring last minute cancellations) are Michelle Voepel, Richard Cohen, Jayda Evans, Angela Taylor and Mel Greenberg.

If it means anything, I struggle with what I think of NY and Washington too. Both could be better or worse than expected.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why I wrote "Dick" when I go to edit it says "Dick" and the display says "Dick" ?
What'chu talkin bout, Willis? (for those who remember Gary Coleman)...

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
When I used Richard Dreyfus in a recent test, it came out Dick.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Thank you for reading.

The Sun released Dawn Evans today, by the way. Too bad, I love her shot, but too many other guards around.

Sorry to see Evans go... Would have been a great story. It was the obvious choice, however. Based on the two preseason games Shegog is next. Another shame because she showed some potential and Tina could use a little size backing her up. Unfortunately, very few,if any teams in this league can afford to devote a precious roster spot to "potential".

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Sorry to see Evans go... Would have been a great story. It was the obvious choice, however. Based on the two preseason games Shegog is next. Another shame because she showed some potential and Tina could use a little size backing her up. Unfortunately, very few,if any teams in this league can afford to devote a precious roster spot to "potential".
Who is Tina's backup if not Shegog? If not the Sun, I would like to see Shegog make another roster. Tulsa?. I think Shegog has great upside, but she does not a spot that allows for potential.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Who is Tina's backup if not Shegog? If not the Sun, I would like to see Shegog make another roster. Tulsa?. I think Shegog has great upside, but she does not a spot that allows for potential.

Can only be Jones/Mims playing out of position. Based on the last two games Mims is a clear keeper. Spencer may be the only other possible cut, but she has had a good preseason also. Shegog has looked absolutely lost at times (as you might expect from a rookie) but I agree... Good upside. 12th roster spot anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom